~Chapter 5~

A few days passed quickly, probably way too quickly. They had been filled with time being spent with Bucky. You were happier than ever and everyone around you easily noticed that.

You had just woken up with Bucky next to you and you got up to prepare a generous breakfast for him as you let your happiness lead your actions. Bucky had been staying at your apartment every night since that Friday night, and it was honestly the best thing ever. You finish making the pancakes and adding a few last details on your breakfast as you hum to a melody that had been stuck in your head. After you finished it, you were going to wake him up but before you're able to do that, you suddenly feel a pair of hands wrapping around your waist.

"Mornin', doll." you hear Bucky say with a husky voice from behind you, and you ease into his touch by resting your head on his shoulder.

"Hey..." you say softly, and he kisses your temple. You close your eyes and stay like that for a few seconds, wrapped up in his arms and enjoying the simple but meaningful moment.

"What have you got there?" he asks. "It smells amazing." he says, still holding you.

"I made breakfast." you say enthusiastically.

"Oh, doll, you shouldn't have." he says, and you can hear it in his voice that he's still pretty sleepy, so you decide to wake him up completely... in your own way... You swipe your finger on the vanilla cream next to the pancakes, you quickly turn around to face Bucky and then you spread the cream all across his face. When you do that, it takes him a few seconds to react, but once he fully wakes up, shock fills his features as you burst into laughter.

"Oh... you did not!" he says loudly, but he can't hide the wide smile on his face. You quickly escape from his grasp and you start running around the kitchen with Bucky chasing you.

"Nooo!" you say between laughs as you see him trying to catch up to you. You use some chairs to shield yourself from him, but after a few minutes he catches you, and gently swipes his finger over your nose, staining it of vanilla cream. Then he picks you up and sits you on the kitchen counter as you both breathe heavily from the sudden adrenaline burst. You lock eyes with him as you start to regain energy. He pushes a lock of hair behind your ear, and runs his hand through your hair, trying to smooth it out now that it had become pretty messy from running around. He brings his face closer to yours and kisses the tip of your nose sweetly, right where he had put the cream before and cleaning it in the process. He pulls away and looks at you through those perfect blue eyes that sent shivers down your spine.

"I love you." he says.

"I love you too." you say back with a smile on your face. Then he starts leaning closer to you as his lips hover over yours, and his hands travel to the small of your back. He closes the frustrating gap between you two and his lips crash against yours, as that feeling of ecstasy you felt every time you kissed him washes over you. You caress his cheek as you kiss him. The kiss was sweet and honest, and in that moment you knew for sure that Bucky wasn't lying when he said that he wanted to be with you and only you. Suddenly, something or rather someone interrupts your moment the second Bucky runs his hand full of cream through your whole face, and then through your hair. You quickly let go of the kiss, followed by a shocked gasp leaving your lips.

"Bucky!!!" you yell, slightly pissed.

"Oops, not nice when it's you, huh?" he teases. You loved him but whenever he pulled pranks like these he never failed to get on your nerves, even now that you're together, but again, it's kinda your fault since you're the one who started this "vanilla cream war".

"Great! Now I need to wash my hair." you say frustrated, trying to clean your face.

"Want me to join you, doll?" he asks with a smirk.