~Chapter 34~

You get out of the van right after Steve and Sam. By now you've changed out of your suit and into casual clothes after the Special Force took your bracelets and your suit, just like they confiscated Steve's shield and Sam's wings.
You look around you and see that you're in a light gray walled bunker as cops and other staff walk quickly around you. You look to your right and see Bucky inside his pod that's being carried out of the van by a forklift. You turn back around and spot a familiar face, Sharon Carter.
With Sam, T'Challa, and Steve following you, you approach Sharon who's standing with a short, grey-head man.

"What's gonna happen to him?" you ask her.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." the small man says, and you look away, trying not to roll your eyes. You knew you were in trouble after going against the police to help Bucky, and even though you hated being in this position, you would do it all over again for Bucky.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon says.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks next.

"Lawyer. That's funny." Ross says. "See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt." he says just as some soldiers walk past you carrying your weapons.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam says as you all start following Sharon and Ross with soldiers surrounding you as a precaution.
You look back right on time as the doors start closing and catch Bucky's eye as he looks back at you before the doors finally close and you face forward again.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Everett Ross says as you all walk on a covered skywalk.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa says. You now know his intentions after a conversation earlier in the van. He made it clear that his goal was to kill Bucky. You tried convincing him that Bucky didn't kill his father, but he said that as long as you couldn't prove that, he wouldn't believe you.

Suddenly, you see Natasha approaching you from the opposite direction until she reaches you and starts walking with you.

"For the record, this is what making this worse looks like." she tells Steve.

"He's alive." Steve answers without meeting her eyes.

Natasha looks at you and opens her mouth but you cut her off before she can get a single word in. "I'm sorry, Nat, but you knew I couldn't just do nothing." you say, and she looks away as you reach a large modern room that's full of screens, and computers where some people are working. As you enter the room, the cops that were surrounding you scatter around and you see Tony talking to someone over the phone.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha tells Sam, Steve, and you, as she walks away and you stay behind.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences." Tony speaks through the phone. "Obviously you can quote me on that cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." he says before hanging up the phone and turning to the three of you.

"Consequences?" Steve asks as Tony approaches you.

"Secretary Ross wants the three of you prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony says while walking towards Natasha.

"I'm not getting my bracelets back, am I?" you ask.

"Technically, it's the government's property." Natasha asks, turning her head around for a second. "Wings and shield, too."

"That's cold." Sam says.

"Warmer than jail!" Tony says as him and Natasha walk away.

After a while, you were put in a glass office inside the large room you were already in. Steve and Sam were in another one. You were sitting by the large conference table, tugging at the end of your sleeves nervously as you were lost in your mind trying to come up with a plan to get out of here and save Bucky. The office door opens, but you don't bother looking up, you stay focused and ignoring the person's presence.