~Chapter 61~

Everything in your life had led up to that moment and you knew that, it was your peak. Your life has been full of sacrifices, and it's been defined by them. This time was no different, except that it was the ultimate sacrifice. Even though the realization of what you had to do was scary, you knew you had to do it, and you couldn't let anyone else take your place, especially not Natasha. The factor that gave you the final push to do what you did was the faith you had in your friends and trusting that if you did this, they would be able to bring everyone back.

The second you jumped, you seriously thought that was it. You knew it would bring unbearable pain to those who cared about you, especially Bucky and Diana, but you had to do it, there was no other way, and in the end, you knew that they'd be okay as long as they had each other. You came to terms with the fact that you were going to die. However, things didn't happen like you thought they would, as usual...

Suddenly, your eyes snap wide open and you immediately sit up, a loud gasp leaving your lips. It takes you a good ten seconds to gain full consciousness and to become aware of the fact that you're breathing once again. You blink a couple of times before frowning as you concentrate on your surroundings. You look down at your hands, turning and flexing your fingers to make sure you were real. But to be honest, that's hard to know when you have no idea of what's going on right now. A million thoughts rush through your head as you try to understand your current situation, knowing you had jumped off a cliff no more than a minute ago, and you genuinely thought you were going to die.

You slowly turn your head around and you're immediately met with a gun pointed at your head, a green woman holding it. This takes you by surprise which scares you and makes you crawl backwards quickly.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," you say as you retract before putting your hands up once you're at a safe distance from the woman; not that any distance would matter since she was holding a gun.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" she asks as she slowly walks towards you, making you gulp.

"I'm y/n y/l/n," you respond. "Can you please put the gun down? I'm not going to hurt you."

"No," she deadpans. That's when you're able to take a better look at her and realize that the gun she's holding isn't from Earth, which makes sense since she doesn't look much from Earth either.

"Great. Can you at least tell me who you are?" you ask, keeping your hands up in the air, not wanting her to get the wrong impression.

"Gamora," she says. "Now tell me what you're doing here and what the hell is going on."

"What- wait a minute," you say, as you quickly stand up. This makes Gamora flinch and point the gun closer to you, causing you to put your hands back up as you stand. "Gamora? As in Peter Quill's girlfriend Gamora?" you ask with a frown.

"How do you know Quill?" she asks, holding the gun tightly.

"We were friends, sort of. I also know part of your team," you say. "Wait a minute, I thought you were dead."

Gamora looks at you warily as she slowly puts down her gun and into her holster, and as she does that, you catch a hint of sadness in her eyes. "So did I," she says lowly.

"Okay." you sigh. "Thanks for putting the gun down," you say as you look around trying to figure out what is going on. "Wait, does that mean I'm dead? Oh my God, I'm dead. Holy shit," you say as you start hyperventilating, your eyes wide as plates. "This is certainly not how I imagined it."

"What do you mean you're dead?" Gamora asks.

"I just jumped off that cliff up there so we could get the soul stone. I died," you say as you point at the deadly cliff.

I Missed You (Bucky x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें