~Chapter 57~

a/n: i apologize in advance for the emotional damage this chapter might cause, i love u all💗 also pls don't stop reading the book because of this hehe

~•~

The night has come and gone and before you've
fully processed it you find yourself changing into your new quantum suit that Tony and Bruce manufactured in record time.
This morning you woke up beside Bucky and the second you gained consciousness you also felt a rush of adrenaline run through your body just by thinking about today.
You all had a quick breakfast before going through the plan one last time and proceeded to suit up.

You were a mixture of emotions, part of you was eager to get this whole thing over with and bring everyone back, but, naturally, you were also feeling deeply afraid. There was a tiny voice in your mind telling you to stay behind, and very deep down you had a bad feeling about this mission, but you convinced yourself that it was just your fear talking and it wasn't rational; besides, it was too late to back down now.

The whole team begins walking towards the large glass platform, and you all stand in a circle as Steve starts giving yet another one of his motivational speeches. His voice fades into the background and you don't actually listen to what he's saying because you're too caught up in your own thoughts, overthinking once again about everything that can go wrong in this life-changing mission.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs," Steve says with a look of determination on his face. "Most of us are going somewhere we know, but it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Tony raises his eyebrow and gives Steve an amused look. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket says.

"Right?!" Scott agrees, excited.

A slight shake on your shoulder brings you back to reality and you look to your right, meeting Bucky's blue eyes that in this moment look slightly worried.

"Sup," you say, almost unconsciously.

"'Sup'?" Bucky questions, confused at your choice of word. "Not much, you?" he teases, and you shake your head with a chuckle. "You sure you're up for this?"

"Yeah, totally," you nod. "I was just thinking." You look at Bucky up and down and take in the sight of him in the quantum suit before changing the subject. "By the way... Have I told you how much this suit... suits you? you smirk.

"Yeah, you're definitely not up for this mission," Bucky says, and you chuckle again loudly. "Although, you don't look too bad yourself, miss." You smile sweetly at him before getting on your tiptoes and pecking his lips quickly. One last kiss before you have to part. "I'm still not happy about the fact that we're on different teams."

You were on the same team as Natasha, Rhodey, and Nebula, while Bucky was with Tony, Steve, Scott, Bruce, and Clint.

You sigh. "I know, I don't like it either. But it's better this way. Otherwise I'd be too distracted trying to save your ass all the time."

Bucky chuckles softly before his expression turns serious and looks deeply into your eyes. "How many times are we gonna have to say goodbye?"

"At least this time we have a minute to do it the right way."

"There isn't a right way," Bucky says, looking down.

You look at him with sadness in your eyes before wrapping your hand around the back of his neck to bring his forehead down to touch yours. You close your eyes as you enjoy the moment. "It's gonna be okay," you whisper. "This isn't a goodbye, it's a see you later."