~Chapter 11~

Today you woke up early to pack your stuff and mentally prepare yourself for what the day had in store for you.
Once Peggy, Steve and you are ready, you get inside a car that drives you towards the hidden lab in which you were going to get the serum.

"I know this neighborhood." Steve says, pointing outside the window. You were sitting next to Peggy, and she was in between you and Steve."I got beat up in that alley, and that parking lot, and behind that diner." you cringe slightly at his words, knowing it was true. You had even been in one of those fights with him.

"Were you with him?" Peggy asks, turning to you.

"Yeah..." you hesitate. "But I was just trying to save his stubborn ass." you say, making Steve chuckle.

"Did you have something against running away?" Peggy asks Steve.

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?" Steve says.

"I know a little of what thats like. To have every door shut in your face." Peggy says, your face drops a little. You knew what she meant by that. It wasn't easy for her to get to where she is now.

"I guess I just dont why you'd wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame. Or a beautiful a woman. An agent, not a dame! You are beautiful, but..." Steve trails off. You smile to yourself and raise an eyebrow at Peggy.

"Awww." you whisper to Peggy, and she unnoticedly slaps your arm with her eyes locked on Steve.

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?" Peggy asks. Your smile grows bigger, enjoying this little interaction between your cousin and your best friend.

"This is the longest conversation Ive had with one." Steve says.

"Uh, what am I then?" you chime in as you lean forward for Steve to see you.

"Sorry, apart from y/n, she's my best friend, but you probably already knew that..." Steve trails off again, making you chuckle. "Women arent exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on." he says that and your smile fades.

"You must have danced?" Peggy asks.

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying, y/n would always dance with Bucky, and the past few years just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait." he says.

"For what?" Peggy asks.

"The right partner." Steve answers. Okay, now you just felt like you were thirdwheeling, and you feel like that for the rest of the ride. There was definitely something in between Peggy and Steve, and there was no denying it. These two had chemistry and you could see it from a mile away. The thought of Steve finally finding someone, especially as incredible as Peggy, warms your heart.

The car pulls up in front of the antiques shop, and you three step out of it.

"This way." you say, leading the way.

"What are we doing here?" Steve asks.

"Follow us." Peggy says.

"You're finally gonna get to see where I work, Steve." you look back to smile cheekily at him as you walk inside.

Just like every other day, the old woman shows up behind the counter with the usual code sentence.

"Wonderful weather this morning, isn't it?" she says.

"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella." you and Peggy both say at the same time, making you look at each other amused.

"Jinx." you chuckle. You and Peggy lead Steve into the hidden lab to Dr. Erskine and his team in a big circular room filled with machinery and a pod in the middle. You had been sort of forgetting about your nervousness, but the second you see the room, you can't stop the nerves any longer. You take a few deep breaths to calm yourself.