Chapter 12

Warning: graphic depictions of murder in this scene

Warning: graphic depictions of murder in this scene. Thou hast been warned.

I sauntered back to the Great Hall later that night. Everything was dark and silence had filled the town. A blissful silence. My long white dress trailed in the wind behind me, though my purity had been dead for some time now. I had been tarnished by the atrocities I had faced. I danced through the streets until finally making back to his home (I would never call it home). Faint candles lit my way and I gently made it over to the bed. The same dagger I had once tried to kill myself with was strapped to my leg.
"Did you please our guests?" Eric mused from the other side of the bed.

"I did, my love, they got exactly what they wanted." I answered, I couldn't help but smile. I wasn't smiling for the reasons he thought, though. I was smiling because now I would finally have my revenge.

"Good. But now you must do your duty and please me." Eric went to push my underneath him but I held his arms with a playful smirk dancing across my lips.

"Husband, allow me." I pushed him under me, straddling his hips. "Would you not prefer it if I showed you how much you mean to me." Eric grinned gleefully as though he had finally tamed me. As though I was finally his. I would never be his. I would show him how much he meant though. I would show him when his blood splattered across my face.

I moved in circular motions on top of Eric, earning moans from him. My hand reached for his trousers and I gently began to untie them. I pushed them down his body and he looked down at my cheerily.

"Show your husband that he is the man you love." Eric growled. I smirked, my hand reaching my thigh and silently unsheathing the dagger as I moved to his crotch.

"He's not the man I love." In one swift motion, I sliced the knife across his body and cut off his dick. A bloodcurdling scream left his lips as blood splattered across my pure white dress, symbolizing my innocence that was now drowning in that sticky red substance. 

This would be the last time I wore white. As Eric screamed, waking the entire town, I watched him with a maniacal smile plastered across my face. "I suppose I'm the one penetrating you now, my love." I whispered in his ear before slicing his throat. Blood covered me, drenching every fiber of my being. I could never be that sweet girl that I once was because of him. All I could do was move forward and take control of my life again. I sat and watched the life drain from his eyes as he choked and spluttered on the crimson liquid that was spilling from his vile throat. With his last breath he whispered, "Signy... Blodborinn."
From that day on, that would be my title. I was no one daughter anymore. I had made a proud name for my self. Blood Born.

I moved away from his lifeless corpse and walked outside. By now, everyone in the town - including Hvitserk and his men - were crowded outside. When I made my way out stained in my dead husband's blood, gasps escaped everyone's lips. Everyone except for Hvitserk who smiled proudly at me.

"You have your army." I said plainly to my friend and he nodded appreciatively in return. I then looked to the crowd. "The king is dead. I am your Queen now. My first act as Queen has been to promise our forces to the sons of Ragnar Lothbrok to avenge their father. My second act will be to find every man in this town who helped my husband or who abuses and assaults their own wives and hang their balls above the door of the Great Hall. Is that understood?"

Murmurs escaped the crowd and for a moment I thought their plan was to kill me. Suddenly, cheers filled the town and people even came up to thank me. To praise me! As though I was some kind of God. I was not a God. The Gods were the kind of people that would let men like Eric do what he did. I would never allow that to happen. Never.