CHAPTER SIX SO FUN TO TEASE

Once inside I drop Dylan on the huge oval sofa, sitting beside him and crossing my long legs in front of me. Richard enters, attentive eyes scanning the place up and down, and giving one last look at us as he starts searching the place up, coming and going from the other rooms.

Dylan sits up, looking at me, notebook at hand and eyes shining with excitement, unable to stand still on his seat and unconsciously biting his lips as he thought about what to ask.

"So, for how long have you been a vampire?"

I thought of not answering it, ignoring or even lying, but sooner than later he would become my pet, so what bad would came from telling him some half-truths?

And I could always add Richard to the collection, hum...

"At least 10 years, but I'm not sure."

"How old were you when you...?"

"Died is the term, and 25."

He scribbles more, as if making an interview with me.

"Oh, yeah, what's your name?"

Wasn't that the first thing you should have asked now? I smile, looking at his collarbone line, the oversize t-shirt showing off part of his slim chest every time he inclined forward.

"Samael."

Richard comes back and starts to take off part of his equipment and leaving it on the huge glass table, but still keeps some weapons with him.

Though I doubt any of them had silver bullets in them, they would stink of it and, worst of all, if it was difficult to find, produce and buy those before the apocalypse, now... it was almost impossible.

"Done with your little round?"

He nods, sitting in front of us so he could have a clear view of me and still stay close to Dylan, inclining his body forward and resting his elbows on his knees.

"So... you are really a... vampire?"

Oh, here we go. I smile at him, inclining my face sideways, letting the tips of my incisors show as my eyes shone a bloody red.

He seems surprised, but not scared, his green eyes gazing deep into me.

"What do you think?"

No answer comes, only the silent prevailing until I break it:

"So..." I start, slowly inclining my head to find brown caramel eyes, turning back to the green cat ones. "Now is my turn, right? Why did you say you were looking for me?"

"Well, not exactly looking for you... or for a vampire for that matter" Dylan said, flickering with his curly brown hair. "Only for some, some sort of... supernatural creature?"

"Uhum..." Suspicious. "But you humans don't seem to really believe in our existence that much. " I say looking at Richard for a moment. Not enough to send a whole squadron for a mere... search, I think. But better keep some thoughts to myself now. "And why are you looking for my kind for that matter?"

"We are searching for clues to why things turned out this way, with the zombies and all, and some belief that it had a hand of the supernatural."

"Which would explain why our scientists haven't found any cure for it yet" Says Richard, leaning back on the seat.

"Well~~ not totally true, there are a lot of possibilities, but knowing the source of the virus would greatly help."

"Hm... Oh, how impolite of me, been such a bad host, would like some tea? Coffee? Chocolate?"