CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO BITTER MEMORIES

"Welcome to your vampiric tour of the haunted hospital in the apocalypse zombie! As the first ones to enjoy our show, you will gain a prize at the end of the tour!"

I clap my hands, without making a sound though, urging them to follow me as Richard roll his eyes, a bunny Dylan hooping by my side with shining curious eyes.

"This is the inmate's area, where they held down the supernatural creatures." I point out, stretching my arm as a presenter from a bizarre circus show.

We go to the second room, the door opening first to a contain area, having a space farther in behind silver grids. There were chains upon chains in there, coming from the floor, ceilings, walls, ticker then my arm.

"The werewolf compound. Everything was made of silver to make them weaker; even though it burned their skin a little. There are openings for gas as well on the sides if anything got out of control."

I could see black lines covering Dylan's features as he looks closer at the many scratches and dark stains that the cold cell had, marks of an untold buried past.

I simply went to the next one, feeling bitter as I remembered how I could hear his howls from my own prison beside his, which I deliberately passed, being the first door of this place.

I mechanically explained the last ones, my gaze lingering to the first pair of double doors, knowing far too well how it was inside without even entering it; there would be the same grids as in the others, a contain zone, but inside there would be a single metal chair bolted on the floor, with straps upon straps in it to hold the wrist, feet, arms, stomach, neck and sometimes head and mouth, until you could only blink.

Beside it there would be a pole holding plastic bags, various tubes waiting to be filled with red blood, a constant flow that would always have the creature thirsty, so thirsty, but far too weak to free himself, only watching the constant flow, to hear the sickening spasm of his own veins being emptied.

Over.

And over.

And over.

Again.

Given the minimal to survive.

Taken to the edge of unconsciousness.

There would be 121 tiles on the floor, a double faded green door that opens inwards, as well as the grid metal door, rusty in places, with 7 grids per square, with 40 squares making the grid division.

There would be no windows, no ventilation, and if needed an electric current could be activated over the grid or the chair, whichever they would prefer...

Only for that sickening feeling to overcome me again, like a bag being emptied, like a toothpaste being squished and rolled until the last drop.

And the thirsty.

Oh God the thirsty.

My tongue would be always numb from me biting it down, trying to find some relief.

I close my eyes, inhaling deeply, pushing the memories away as I turn with a smile towards my two humans.

Mine.

Not yet.

But soon.

"So, this is the captives area, but I don't think that your cure would be here... Perhaps in the labs? We will need to look more in there."

I babble, turning on my heels as I can see the always attentive Richard staring at me, not even paying attention to the surroundings I was showing them.