CHAPTER FOURTEEN UNINVITED GUESTS

Richard stands, infuriated for what I could see, but masking it with a cold stone face, looking at his troop.

"What's the meaning of this Frank?" He says to the one leading the troop with a voice that gives no space to complaints. The other guy, Frank, however, didn't seem to be very bright at that, grimacing at Richard, his dirty appearance, unshaved bear, and the scar on his eyebrow complemented a mercenary look to him.

"Do you see this guys? I told you all! Our boss is playing house with the monster!"

The others laugh, looking at Richard's clothes up and down, then mocking Dylan's skirt, to which he hides behind Richard.

"So, now you took to be some monster's bitch?! Can't say I expected more now!"

"You dare talk to your commander like that!" Screams Dylan, for the first time ever raising his voice.

"Commander?! As if he cared about us! You two are all pompous up here, enjoying the hospitality, while we were dumbed downstairs, and you know what, we planned, and now were are going to take over this place!"

At that he points his gun at me, a pistol, while the others soldiers backed him off with their rifles.

I really, really dislike been threatened.

"Stop! You guys don't know what you are up to! Frank, stop this madness!"

"No! If you don't have the guts to do it, we will! This safe place, the resources, will be ours! Ours!"

That's when he made the greatest mistake of his life; and shot me.

He had a good aim, went right for the heart with a fucking smug expression brining his lips up, his eyes shining with a crazy greedy glim until time passed and I didn't fell down dead, staying casually with my body relaxed, to just then casually pass my fingers over the wound, painting the tip with a bit of red.

That takes any doubt they had that I was a vampire now, doesn't it? I think while playing with the squishy liquid.

And they dared to make a fucking hole in a fucking piece of ancient clothing, pieces of shit. When my face goes up, and my eyes encounter theirs, I can already feel my incisors throbbing, and my eyes turning bloody-red, a smirk of my own growing with the perspective of the imminent bloodbath.

"Fuck, shoot shoot shoot!" That Frank guy says, going back to his companions.

Cleaning dust from my shoulders, suddenly very irritated, I casually walk forward while they start shooting non-stop at me. Fuck, it hurts, but is far from deadly, only making my mood even worst as my vision turns red.

There was a slight amount of blood coating what was left of my clothes, my pale white skin been tattered by red, such an image it must have made, plus my eyes looking down on them and the smile that showed off my fangs.

Time for a feast.

I got close to the first one, unable to escape in such a enclosure place, and with a casual throw of my arm slapped his face with the back of my hand, a little too hard as his body spins midair before falling, his neck twisted backwards and his now dead eyes staring back at the soldiers who made this mess.

They realized the situation they were in a little too late, and once the first one got to reload his weapon they started to fall; a clean slice on the neck with my sword, making one drown in his own blood as his hands try futilely to stop the flow from the open wound on his neck, his eyes rolling back in his socks, the next one losing his heart before he could even react, the still beating organ soaking my hand in blood as I squish it until the annoying flow stopped.