Chapter 1

Hey guys!! I just wanted to thank you so much for all your support on my story, it's been growing so rapidly and I've even begun to love the characters as I write about them and when I'm writing other stuff I accidentally use Lainey and Cassidy's names🤣 thank you so much and I hope you enjoy!!

*P.S. I wanted to also let you know that if you are seeing pieces of the story that are in ~Italics~ that just means it is either a memory or simply a dream/thought.

ALSO!! If you like the chapter, don't be afraid to give it a vote or a comment if you enjoyed it! I do my best to respond to all comments.

THE PREQUEL IS UP NOW! CHECK OUT "Before Us" ON MY PROFILE! (COMPLETED)

I hope you enjoy the completed story💚

************************************************

Cassidy

Cassidy and Evan sat at the bar talking that late summer evening. Evan had his eyes out for his next one-night stand, but she knew her own was waiting at home.

"Why'd we even come here anyways." Cassidy looked up and around this frazzled bar with rainbow flags lining the walls. She was exhausted watching her friends go through failed relationship after failed relationship, Evan especially. He would constantly date men for their looks, knowing damn well he was a Queen and deserved better. Eventually along the way learned who they really are, the fuck boys they usually are. Then things would start to fall apart... Disastrously.

The term was "from the inside out", not "from the outside in". Relationships just couldn't work on looks alone, they never have, and probably never will.

"You know I'm trying to hook up with a hot hunky piece of meat." He swiveled around on his barstool, facing the crowd of sweaty gays grinding on each other in the midst of their body heat. He sipped his vodka soda out of his pink straw and maneuvered the straw with his fingers and watched men like a cat would a mouse before it pounced. That was just the thing, he would say he was looking for a hook-up, but we all know that someone eventually caught feelings. Someone always catches feelings. She watched him as she rolled her eyes and followed him with the bar stool. They both leaned back against the bar top slightly, drinking and watching the massive crowd of people on the dance floor.

"Look at that hot piece of ass." Evan slapped a girl's butt as she passed. Cassidy didn't know her, but she hoped he did. She jumped and turned, smiling.

"Hi, Evan!" She squealed drunkenly, throwing her arms around him for a sloppy hug. It was literally 2 in the afternoon and she was already slurring her words.

"You know I'm not gay right? I'm only here for moral support, right?" Cassidy replied once the random girl walked away. Of course he knew her, he always knew every member of the LGBTQ+ community around SF or at least it felt like it. He rolled his eyes and giggled at her comment. "Ev, I'm serious." She scoffed.

"That's what I said once." He said setting his empty glass on the counter and turning towards her. "Now, excuse me while I go dance up on that guy over there who, most likely with that big ass head, has nothing in it." Evan ran up to the guy and he touched upon his muscular arm as he laughed at most likely a corny joke. Cassidy was glad he was able to have this much fun after his break-up. She smiled and grabbed her purse, paying for their drinks, and turning to walk out.

Keith texted her and she looked down and smiled seeing his name pop up on the little screen. She bumped into a woman on her way towards the door.

"I'm so sorry." Cassidy said sounding truly sincere and concerned. She turned back to see the woman looking at her, but continued into the bar.