Chapter 20

I could never repay you all for the amount of the support I've received over the past couple months. You guys are lifting my chin as we speak. Please, if you are enjoying this, don't forget to vote and to comment your thoughts good and bad!

You are so amazing!!! Enjoy the chapter💕🥺

************************************************

Cassidy

Cassidy walked into class and took a seat at her desk. She was so hung over it wasn't funny. She had her hair a mess and her hoodie to cover it. She placed her head down on her arm and before she knew it, she was woken up by a pounding noise. She lifted her head as the class was airing out. Students going out when they should've been coming in. She looked around, the class was now empty and when she looked right next to her, Michael stood there, watching her every movement.

"I thought I'd do you a favor and let you sleep. Since you're already failing this class." Michael leaned back and sat against the railing of the third row. His arms still crossed, and his face still managing a disappointed look while he joked with her.

"W-Wait what?" Cassidy rubbed her eyes and looked up to see an angry Michael and a clock behind him that read three hours past the time she had gotten there.

"You know, you snore when you sleep. There's also a little drool right here." Michael motioned at the corner of his own mouth with his thumb. Cassidy furrowed her eyebrows and wiped her mouth with her sleeve as Michael smiled and shook his head at her.

"I fell asleep!?" Cassidy facepalmed herself, she would never pass the class at this point. She should just drop the class and take the W. She stood up from the desk and started to pack her things up.

"You can stay after and make it up." Michael said as he rolled his eyes and walked back down the set of stairs to his desk. She was confused as to why he would do such a thing for her after telling her he basically wouldn't help her. Cassidy scrambled to pick up her stuff and rushed down the rows of seats to the front row to meet him. "Take a seat." He motioned to a desk in the front row. "We will go over everything you don't understand and what you missed."

"I don't understand..." Cassidy said, she would've completed it, but Michael interrupted. She rubbed her temples hard, even after a three-hour nap, she was still exhausted and hungover, which didn't make her confusion any less confusing.

"That's why we're going over what it is you don't get." He rolled his eyes and chuckled in more of an annoyed way. Cassidy made her way to the chair at the desk in the front row. She took a seat and looked up at Michael.

"No... I don't understand why you want to help me now?" Cassidy said. She pulled out her notebook and her pen ready to take notes.

"Do you want the help or not." He asked leaning against the desk, he looked at her over the brim of his reading glasses at her intimidatingly.

She shook her head yes, intimidated by his stare. She wished right then and there he would stay there and she would reach over the desk and kiss him. Let destiny take its toll, there's no way that after the kiss last night, he felt any other way than to make love to her on the desk right then and there. But she didn't, and neither did Michael.

"And just so were clear... I said I wouldn't slow down in class, but never that I wouldn't help you." He smiled softly and spun around, making his way back to the whiteboard.

"What do you want out of this?" Cassidy turned her head and raised her eyebrow. Her question made Michael stop in his tracks and turn on his heels.

He had no words, only a funny look. Cassidy watched his expression change from 'what do you mean?' To 'uhm... wow.' He raised his eyebrows and shook his head with a soft laugh, "Cassidy... all I've ever wanted for you is to pass this class. I told you that night at the bar that I was a real man, and if you're not into real men, I won't push it anymore." He gave her a serious look, holding his body up leaned against her desk. "So, I make myself clear?" He shrugs and pouts his bottom lip out in a state of a question. Now it was Cassidy who had no words. Cassidy swallowed the lump in her throat, bit at the inside of her cheek and shook her head yes. Unlike Michael, she never found a great comeback. Michael smiled at her and pushed her chin up, turning back around and heading back to the whiteboard. No wonder he was in great shape, he practically paced and walked everywhere for most of the day. Michael began writing on the board and speaking, and Cassidy snapped out of it, putting pen to paper to copy the notes as he went slow for her.