Chapter 23

I love them, I love them too much to let them go😭🥺💔

Thank you guys! I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy the final chapters of my favorite book!!

************************************************

Lainey

Kissing Cassidy was over the line. Days after the kiss, Lainey felt the guilt that followed with kissing someone else while you were kissing your girlfriend. Jess and Lainey had just started to go out again, being intimate again after so long. It felt good, Jess was posting about Lainey on social media and in public they kissed and held hands. It was everything Lainey ever wanted. Cassidy would never have done something as official as that, but she appreciated the attention.

Why was she even thinking about Cassidy at this moment? "Fuck, I need some air." Lainey said. Getting up and laughing nervously. "I'll be back in a bit." Lainey kissed Jess on the forehead and left the bedroom. Cassidy was in the kitchen struggling to get all the bags of groceries onto the countertop.

"Here, let me help you." Lainey rushed and grabbed most of the bags, putting them onto the counter. "Why so much food?" Lainey asked, staring at the massive amounts of filled grocery bags lining the counter.

"I'm doing a dinner party tonight, inviting my mom and a bunch of friends. You and Jess are invited to come too." Cassidy smiled softly and washed her hands as she grabbed green onions and began to chop them up.

Cassidy looked so happy, maybe after she found out Jess was back in her life, she decided to be with Michael. Her mom was coming to the dinner party, which was impressive since she's never talked about her mom and Lainey never met her either. She wanted everything in the world just to reach over and grab her and kiss her again, sleep in her bed with her again, but that's what she said about Jess and all the wishing brought Jess back to her, she can't be selfish at a time like this. "For sure, I'll ask." Lainey walked back towards the room, watching Cassidy shake her body to the music she put on.

Just say it, just say you love me and everything will go back to normal, just give me a sign you're still here with me, for me. The thoughts racing through Lainey's head. She would give up anything to hear Cassidy expose her sober love for her. Cassidy thinking Lainey was back in the room began to sing the song playing. Lainey chuckled softly, but not quite enough.

"Did you need something?" Cassidy asked nervously.

"No, sorry." Lainey replied quickly back. But what she wanted to say was 'yes...you.' Maybe after she actually said it she pull her into her embrace again, but she couldnt say it. Lainey went back into the room and got ready for work, hopping into her car, she drove off to Mickey's.

"Sup, boss." Lainey smiled and set her stuff down in the back. "Mickey, we need to talk." She said coming into the kitchen, the restaurant was dead once again.

"Whats up, Lane?" Mickey asked as he completed an online order.

"I'm madly in love with a girl I shouldnt be." Lainey said, sitting on the counter by him.

"Shit, Lainey I told you to stop messing with those straight girls." Mickey laughed jokingly and Lainey rolled her eyes and chuckled at how innocent he was.

"I love her, Mickey. More than Ive ever loved anyone... and I really fucked up." She stopped, leaning back against the wall, she crossed her arms and sighed, leaning her head back, she turned it to look at Mikey as he focused hard on cooking the burger.

"I told you, shes too much for you." Mickey shook his head seriously. Right he was, very right indeed. Cassidy was a big pain in her ass, too much for her, a serious homebody, but Lainey stood there thinking about the girl who crossed the line, the girl who kissed the one person Lainey asked her not to right in front of her eyes, she was crazy. But crazy attracts crazy and they were good for each other. Mikey sent the last order through for the delivery driver Lainey would be covering. "Tell me everything." He said unwillingly with a sigh.