Chapter 17

Okay but my heart actually aches for Lainey. I just want her to be happy dammit. I love you guys! Thanks for all your interesting comments and never ending support (this sounds like a broken record, but seriously FRIGGIN THANK YOUUUU)

I'll let you keep reading😊🥺💕

************************************************

Cassidy

A week had passed since the incident with Lainey, Cassidy walked into class and sat down. Class after class had passed and things were getting harder, of course this was an easy science class that people liked, but Cassidy was bad at remembering the little things. Making Chemistry that much harder.

The bell rang and everyone came in and sat down. She sat patiently waiting to take notes and better her notes from previous classes, maybe if Michael had slowed down more during notes, she wouldn't struggle so bad.

Michael opened his book for lecture and everyone flipped to the page he was looking at without being told what page. Cassidy looked around and struggled to see a page number among the open books around her. Michael went off, talking about the lesson and Cassidy tried to keep up, but she couldn't, it was merely impossible.

~~~

The class aired out and Cassidy was once again the last one in. Michael retracted to his office and sat in his chair, Cassidy following behind.

"Hey, Mr.-" Cassidy was stopped abruptly.

"Michael. And close the door." He looked up at her intimidatingly, but with a soft arrogant smile.

"Michael... is it possible to slow down during the notes, just a little. I can't keep up and it's effecting my performance in the class." Cassidy said, closing the door and turning back around to face him.

"Can I slow down?" Michael chuckled. "You're asking, that out of a class of 90 students, I slow down?" Michael laughed now. Cassidy stood there blatantly, she knew it sounded stupid, so entirely stupid, that he'd even think about it, but it was the only chance she could take. "For you?" Michael said, now his expression was serious. He stood up and walked slowly without purpose around to the other side of his desk, leaned against it with his hip and looked over at her, staring her down. His eye sight intimidated her and she swallowed the lump in her throat, staring at the floor.

"I just thought I would ask. No harm in that." Cassidy smirked, annoyed. Still looking down at the floor, she turned, not waiting for another word out of his mouth. She opened his office door with a sigh and he slammed it shut from behind her.

He slid his hands down her hips slowly, slow enough it would surprise her, but not enough to make her think he hesitated and hadn't been thinking about doing it the entire time he watched her. She shut her eyes feeling this forbidden feeling. She remembered this kind of relationship with someone before; hot and heavy, intense, dominant, a teacher. She wanted to feel this again, but these relationships got her in trouble, this wouldn't be the first time she has been caught with a teacher not even close to her age.

"You know this is wrong..." Cassidy opened her eyes slowly and held her breath shortly before sighing, feeling his slow hands make his way up and down her body. It's been a while since another man touched her without transitioning into sex.

Michael spun her around and shoved her against the door hard, "I can go as fast and as slow as you want, Cassidy." He caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. He got so close to her face, she closed her eyes slightly and braced for a kiss, but it didn't happen, in fact, he opened the door for her and went to sit back down. "You're free to go, but only if I'm free to teach my class how I want." Michael smirked, sitting back down and flicking his pen between his fingers. He was grading papers from the 5 other classes he had on campus. This was not the man who she met at the bar, telling her he was uninterested too. This was not even the man she ate dinner across from at the diner, not the same man at all.