5 Years Later

I looked around my surroundings, even though I was almost positive the Moroi Royal Court was safe. It was my job as one of the Queens guardians to check every once in awhile though.

"Rose?" Lissa asked and I turned around to look at her sitting on her huge bed. It was fit for a queen. Literally.

"What do you think about Kholby for a girl name?" She asked, patting her huge and rounded stomache. "Christian says it's too abstract..."

"I think that if he doesn't like it, then it's perfect. Besides, he's not the one lugging around a watermelon, is he?"

That got a smile out of her.

A year and a half after being crowned queen, Christian had proposed to Lissa and they had gotten married a few months later.

Lissa hadn't wanted to be Queen Ozera though so now her full title was Queen Vasilisa Sabina Rhea Ozera Dragomir. It was a mouthful, but besides Jill, Lissa was the last Dragomir and didn't want her bloodline to end in a name change.

"What if it's a big, Rose? Christian likes Kaleb." She asked me, smiling at her bump.

"Kaleb, Kholby, what's the difference?" I said. I didn't really care what the babies name would be, I just knew I would love it once it was here.

As much as I was happy for Liss (and the baby on the way!) it was also a lot to handle.

She'd been hormonal for months now, and while I'm sure it sucked for her too, having to deal with her mood swings was no picnic either.

She was 34 weeks though, and the little blood sucking monster could come any day now which meant staying at the Court and resting.

A knock sounded at the door and my hand went to my belt out of reflex, though it was probably just Christian.

I opened the door and my instinct had been right. Just Christian and his guardian, Dimitri. The love of my life.

Christian went immediately to Lissa, kissing her belly with his eyes all lit up.

Dimitri closed the door behind him as he enter, reaching his arm out to pull me closer to him. Before I knew it he had swooped me up in a kiss, and it wasn't just a peck on the lips either.

"Hey, watch it comrade. We're on the job." I scolded once my lips were free, but I'm sure the smile on my face contradicted my words.

"I know, Roza. Just watching Christian and Lissa makes me a little wistful sometimes. I simply couldn't help myself." He whispered in my ear, much too low for them to hear.

I looked at the happy married couple, I'd thought about getting married plenty of times. I'd even thought about children (adoption obviously) though not as seriously as I did marriage.

Me and Dimitri had been through so much together, and our love was so real it seemed silly to have to justify it with a piece of paper.

"Oh the baby's kicking!" Lissa said, interupting my train of thought.

Christians hands went to her belly, his smug smiler growing bigger.

Then another knock sounded at the door, but Dimitri got it this time.

Two guardians entered the room and I gave Lissa a confused glance.

"You and Dimitri have the next two days off, courtesy of myself. I know I've been sick of myself, what with my mood swings, so you must be super sick of me." She said, and then got a devious smile on her face.

"Go have some time with your Russian Warlord." She said, trying to keep a straight face but she accidentally let out a giggle.

I turned to Dimitri, his face was beet red. And it's not like he could tell Lissa to knock it off, she was the queen.