PART THREE

Monday was rough, seeing as I barely slept. But I try not to think too much about it, because I have work to do. I drank too much coffee for my own good, and my heart was pounding all day. From the caffeine or the excitement, even I can't tell, but I make good progress on the project I'm working on, and my manager is quite pleased. I go back home at the end of the day, and stop at the grocery store to pick up something to cook for supper. When I finally get home, I can't fight the urge, so I start preparing this salmon and I call my best friend Xavier:

"Hey babe! Do you have a second to talk? I have news... good news."

"Oh my God, spill! I'm at home waiting for delivery, so I'm all ears."

"Well, on Sunday, I saw a cute guy at Jimmy's Coffee, and I don't know what took over me, but I actually went up to him, and gave him my number. On a napkin. And I said 'my name is Alice, you get extra points if you spell it correctly' so he'd text me! AND HE DID. So we texted a bit about Harry Potter — he's also a fan, we're good — and then he stopped? So I was like okay... But then later in the evening he called me to ask me out, and I said yes."

"GIRL, are you serious? Who is he? Show me!"

"OKAY! so I can't do that 'cause I don't have his IG or anything, but I'll get more info on our date tomorrow night!"

He doesn't need to know everything! I'm still hoping this is vague enough not to jinx it...

"Tomorrow? Oh my, what are you guys doing?"

"We're going out to eat. Taco Tuesday. I'm scared."

"Is he serious? You'll be eating tacos on your first date? That's so messy! But I guess that means he's comfortable around you? Either that or he hasn't realized..."

"Haha he's a straight, it's probably the latter!"

"Oh yeah you're right," Xavier laughs with me. "Oh babe my Uber eats guy is here, I have to go, but text me tomorrow, I wanna know everything!"

"Promise! Also you still have my location on, right? In case I get kidnapped?"

"Haha, yes I do, no worries. I'll keep an eye out!"

"Thanks! Bon appétit, love you!"

We hang up, and I put my food in the oven and start Netflix.