PART THIRTEEN

I hear the buzzer come from the ancient contraption on the wall next to my door. I check my phone, and I see that I have about 5 missed texts from Shawn. I buzz him in, and I tell everyone:

"Okay guys! He's here! Also, I did misspell his name in my phone, so that was a bit misleading..."

"Misleading?"

"Yeah, he's kinda... famous."

"Famous!" Abby exclaims, but I don't have time to answer, there's a knock on the door.

I give them an excited look so they open up as I back away, dancing to Familiar by Liam Payne and J Balvin.

Shawn appears in the door frame, and is surprised to be welcomed in by Xav, but at least it's a semi-familiar face. He scans the room for me, and that's when Abby and Mateo understand what I meant earlier. They let out a scream that would make Trixie Mattel jealous.

Shawn's face does not hide his surprise as he hears that, and I look at him, still in my own world.

*Así de lejos no, mejor cerquita*

I curl my pointer finger towards me, so he gets closer.

*Yo voy a hacerte todo lo que me permitas*

I sing with a wink.

*Y sabes que lo que te pones te queda bien*

I look down at my outfit and smirk in agreement.

*Me caes mucho mejor que un billete de cien.*

"¿Te caigo mejor que un billete de cien?" I ask in Shawn's direction.

Shawn looks at me puzzled by the Spanish, Abby and Mateo look at me in utter disbelief that I was able to keep that from them, and Xavier looks at me to see what I'm gonna do next.

I keep rolling my hips, but I move forward to get to Shawn. I take the McDonald's bags from his hands, and I look up at him, because I can't very well reach him. He reaches down to kiss me, under the watchful eyes of my best friends. I walk towards the kitchen.

"Shawn, you've met Xav," I say as Abby and Mateo audibly gasp, "this is Abby and Mateo, Abby and Mateo, meet Shawn. S-H-A-W-N."

Everyone gets acquainted, and then Shawn joins me in the kitchen. He stands behind me, puts his hands on my hips, and his chin on my shoulder.

"Hi, how are you feeling?"

"We're really doing this, aren't we," I tell him, more like an affirmation than a question.

"Doing what?"

I move my head so I can look at him, and kiss him passionately. He's a bit surprised by my forwardness, but he easily gets into it, moving his lips with mine. His hands start moving up my back, and my hands start moving down to his ass, when we hear a cough. We keep hold of each other, but look towards what made the noise.

"So, we're gonna eat the nuggets now," Abby says as she grabs the bags from the counter. We straighten back up, I nod, and I grab the paper towels and walk to the living room.

"This isn't over," I hear Shawn whisper behind me.

We sit down and eat the nuggets, and they're just so good right now! Once everyone has had enough, I check the time, and it's barely 10 o'clock.

"Anyone up for another hit?" I suggest.

"If someone else wants to join, I'd take a few puffs," Shawn says.

I look at him a bit surprised.

"It helps me write! I could also get on your level right now," he says while looking at me.

Everyone is back out on the balcony, passing the joint along. We get back inside, and maybe it's because it's later in the evening, but this time, it hits us all at once, and we just sit down, and feel super relaxed. I look at everyone, unable to concentrate on what Mateo is saying, and I interrupt him:

"Are my eyes, like, really small right now? Like, they feel almost shut."

Everyone looks at me, and then at each other, and everyone comments on how they're feeling.

"I'm very comfortable," says Shawn, as he puts his arm around me so I lean against him.

"I'm super sleepy," says Xav, "and Scott must be waiting for me. I think I'm gonna go soon."

"Yeah, me too," says Abby.

"Thom is actually on his way to pick me up. He can drop you both off if you want?" Mateo suggests.

I look to Shawn to see what he's gonna say, and I can't help but chuckle at his adorably tiny eyes and his goofy smile. He starts kissing on my neck, and I need to get up before anyone notices us.

"Alright then! That was a fun evening! Anyone need anything before they leave? A glass of water?" I offer.

"Oh yeah, me. My mouth is so dry."

I go to the kitchen to get water for Abby and they start getting their coats on. I get back, and Mateo says Thom just texted, and he's waiting downstairs. I hug everyone goodbye and wish them a good evening.

"Say 'hi' to Thom for me!" I say as I close the door.

When I turn around, Shawn is right behind me. He pins me against the door and says:

"I thought they'd never leave."