16: Paper Faces on Parade

"I've missed you guys so much. It just wasn't the same without you guys.", Meg said as she hugged us both, so soon as we stepped out of the carriage.

"Oh, Meg! I have missed you dearly. Three months was by far too long.", Christine exclaimed as we broke away from out hug.

"Meg Giry, how lovely it is to see you again.", Raoul said as he stepped out of the carriage. He walked over to give her a hug as well. Raph stepped out of the carriage as well. "Meg, this is my brother Raphael."

"We've met before.", Meg said, blushing as Raph caught her eye.

"Miss Meg Giry, What a pleasure to be in your presence once more.", Raph said, as he placed a kiss to Meg's hand.

I swear Meg would have melted into a puddle on the ground, if it were possible. A massive smile was plastered to her lips.

"Well, let's go inside. I'm dying to see Madame again.", Christine exclaimed.

Meg, Christine, and I linked arms as we climbed the staircase to the door.

Raoul and Raphael helped unload our bags and brought them to our rooms. Although I am truly going to miss the countryside, I'm glad to be back in the opera house.

Christine and Meg broke off to go see Madame, while I headed towards my room. Raphael followed my lead.

"Where would you like me to put these Lizzie?", Raph asked as he followed me into my room, holding my bags.

"Right over there is fine.", I said motioning towards the spot near my closet.

I walked over to the small desk I had in my room, only to find a single rose with a black ribbon wrapped around the stem. Next to the rose, was a note, sealed with a red wax skull.

"Who is that from?", Raph questions.

I honestly didn't know how to respond to his question. I just stared blankly at him.

"Is it from him?", he asked.

I nodded my head yes as I looked back to the note.

"Well, I will give you some privacy. I will see you later tonight Little Lizzie.", Raph said as he exited my room. "And remember, you owe me a dance tonight, since you lost our bet."

I smiled and shook my head as Raph exited me room. I picked up the note and crack the wax to open it.

"My dear Elizabeth,

Welcome back. I hope your trip has been swell. To say I've missed you would be an understatement. I hope to see you tonight, my love.

Your Angel of Music"

He's coming? Tonight? He's going to attend the ball?

Excitement and worry arose in me. I'm excited that I will be able to see him again, but worried someone might recognize him and cause a scene. I hope he's smart about this and has planned everything out.

I laid down to rest for a little while before it was time to start getting ready. I slipped my dress out of my suitcase and stepped into it. A smile was immediately plastered across my face when I looked at my reflection. The pink ball gown was breathtakingly stunning. It was everything I asked for and more. I must remember to thank Raoul and Raphael for finding this designer.

I walked across the hall to Meg and Christine's room to finish getting ready. And, after hours of preparation, it was finally time to descend the stairs.

Christine and Meg had to walk in front of me due to the puffiness of my dress. Christine's costume was amazing. It was pink and blue with stars all over it. Meg was wearing the costume I had picked out for her. And, she followed my advice and paired it with a pair of angel wings.

At the bottom of the staircase, Raph and Raoul were waiting for us. Raph's eyes grew in size once he saw me. He reached a hand out for me to take, as Raoul did the same for Christine. Meg linked arms with Christine and I, as to not feel left out.

"You looking absolutely stunning.", Raph whispered into my ear. "You just took my breath away."

"Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself.", I said, my cheeks blushing slightly.

We arrived in the lobby of the opera house and already a massive crowd began to congregated there. Meg wandered off, to go find Madame I presume. Just as we had arrived, I saw Monsieur Andre and Monsieur Firmin arrive through the doors. They both seemed to be radiating with joy that their opera house was open once again.