6- Road trip

BEEP-BEEP BEEP-BEEP

I groan and feel Bree shuffling around in my arms. She didn't leave.

"shit." I say when I see the smoke coming from the kitchen.

"The bloody pizzas." Bree mutters and jumps up from the couch. The time on my phone says 1 am. I follow her into the kitchen. I cough and cover my mouth when I reach the smoke. Bree stands on a chair and turns off the alarm while I open the windows.

She also turns off the oven and pulls out the now-black pizzas.

"Yum." I say sarcastically.

"I guess we weren't that hungry." She says and we laugh until our sides hurt at how fucking stupid we were.

"I must be pretty great to sleep with." I smirk.

"Correction. Sleep on the couch with. Not sleep with." She points at me and smiles.

I put my hands up in surrender, "Ok ok. But you gotta admit you enjoyed it."

"Hmm, I don't know actually." She mocks, throwing the pizzas in the bin.

She yawns and says, "I'm gonna go sleep," then walks upstairs.

"Goodnight B." I mutter. Why the fuck was I expecting her to just lay with me again?

I crash on the couch, thinking of what a lucky bastard I am to have Bree back.

A scream makes me jump off the couch and I recognise it as Bree. I take the stairs 2 at a time and run into her room, fists clenched, expecting to find a kidnapper or something. But all I find is an alarmed Bree sitting up in her bed. I stride over and sit next to her.

"Hey what's up?" I say, worried at how scared she still looks.
"A nightmare." She states, her eyes relaxing.

"You know they aren't real." I say rubbing circles on her hand which is laying on the bed next to me.

"It's more real than you know." She whispers.

"You don't need to talk about it."

"Okay" She says simply enough but doesn't lay down.

I stand up to leave but when I reach the door Bree says, "can you stay?"

I freeze, still confused on why she wants anything to do with me. Who am I to complain?

I lay down next to her and she moves closer to lay on my chest. Bree is different. I've known her for my whole life, she's been there for me through everything. But I had to let her go, and fuck, the universe was on my side when they brought her to me. And yes, I'm still a bad person, but I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to leave her again.

"You know you can just tell me to fuck off and I will." I whisper.

"You are an asshole" She replies and I chuckle. "But I still wish you didn't leave me."

"I wish I didn't...and fuck I missed you." I say into her hair.

"Night Hunter." She says and I can hear her smile.

"Night B." I reply and fall asleep with her in my arms. She belongs there.

----

Bree's POV- it's super hard to write Hunters pov lmao.

I wake up when a bright light is switched on.
"What. the. Fuck." Bryan says from my doorway and I jump off the bed. Hunter shifts around but somehow doesn't wake up.

"Dude chill." I say but Bryan's fists stay clenched as he glances between me and Hunter.

"Wake the hell up!" He yells at Hunter and he groans before shielding his eyes from the light. When he realises who's at the door he sits up, his hair messy and his eyes squinted.