14- all grown up

"Sweetie! Time to get....up." Mum calls, opening my door but freezing when she sees who is sleeping peacefully beside me. Fuck I forgot about Hunter.

"Oh so this is Hunter. Wow, he sure has grown up." She says casually.

"Mum, can we talk later?" I beg her, rubbing my eyes.

"Fine but I'm gonna say two things. One, time to get ready for school. And two, use protection." And before I can reply with something angry, she leaves, closing the door behind her. School. Lovely. With fricking Georgia.

"Morning beautiful." Hunter fucking Evans just called me beautiful.

"Don't tell me your still drunk." I laugh.

"Nope. More sober than ever." Now that I've spent more time with Hunter, I've forgotten more about Trevor and his drunken state. That's progress right?
"Well are you sober enough to remember calling me a teddy bear?" I tease. He groans, rubbing his hands over his tired eyes.
"Nah, remind me." He smiles goofily.

"Hmm well you said I smell nice. And that I make you feel warm and fuzzy, comparing me to not only a teddy bear, but also weed." I laugh. "And you also-"
"Ok I think I get it now." He groans again.

"Aw is big bad Hunter embarrassed?" I say in a high-pitched baby voice, squeezing his cheeks.

"Two can play that game." He laughs, flipping me onto my back and tickling me.

I laugh until my lungs feel constricted and Hunter stops, his face only inches away from mine. Note that he is still hovering over me, and I'm caged between his arms which are on either side of my body.

"The things you do to me..." Hunter whispers, my breath leaving my body completely.

"The things I could do to you..." He continues quietly, his fingers skimming my cheek. All I wanna yell is oh for fuck's sake, just kiss me! But instead, I remember the words seared into my brain. Stay away from Hunter...

"I-I can't. I mean, I want to Hunter, but I can't." I say, breaking the peaceful mood and rolling out from under him, avoiding eye contact.
"No it's fine." Hunter says, masking up any emotions threatening to show.
"I'm sorry. Don't think it was you." I say quietly, and walk out from the room to get ready in the bathroom. I have to stay away...

"Breakfast!" Mum calls from down stairs when I'm just about ready. It's hard to avoid someone when they're literally in the same house as them, but i've somehow managed to be in a different room.

I bound down the stairs, taking a seat next to Bryan on the bench. I take a seat beside Bryan at the bench, just as mum serves my plate of pancakes and Nutella. Since when did she go to this effort?

"What's the occasion?" I ask mum, picking up my fork and beginning to eat, Bryan grabbing some painkillers. Hangovers a bitch huh?

"Well isn't your friend hunter here?" Mum replies, smirking.

"I guess but it isn't anything special." I say trying to end the topic of conversation.

"I am pretty special aye?" Hunter comes into the kitchen, in tracksuit pants and a white shirt. He must have some of Bryan's clothes on.

"Speak of the devil." I mutter to myself, looking down at my food. And of course he takes a seat right next to me.

"Thanks." Hunter praises mum between mouthfuls.

"Ok I gotta go." I say kissing mum on the cheek and slinging my bag over my shoulder. And yes I ate my food, who wouldn't?

"Thanks for last night Bree. Ya know, taking me home." Bryan thanks me as I turn to leave.

"What?" Mum says turning to Bryan and they begin talking. "You went partying on a school night?!"

"Wait bree, aren't you going to drive Hunter to school?" She calls out and I exhale before signalling for Hunter to follow me.

"Are you on mute or something?" Hunter asks when we're driving to school.

"I'm not a frickin tv." I huff, my eyes glued to the road. Childish response, I know. Hunter scoffs but shuts up. For a second.

"Ya know maybe it would be nice if you were a tv." Hunter starts saying his thoughts out loud. "Like I could get you to talk right now and I could put on any show I like. I'd have control over you."
My turn to scoff. "Since when was having control over someone a good thing?" Silence.

"Since I've come into contact with you again. Usually girls fall at my feet but you're so different. You make me chase you around. It's tiring shit."

"boo hoo, tuff. And thanks, I just really wanted to be reminded about how girls worship you." I roll my eyes.

"Just take the bloody compliment." Hunter chuckles, tapping his foot to the quiet music in the background.

"Sorry..." I say guiltily. "I'm not used to compliments. But thanks." I smile, parking the car.

"If you apologise one more time..." Hunter shakes his head with a smile.

"Sorry- I mean, I gotta go to class. Adios." I salute mockingly, but on the inside, I'm breaking. How long can I avoid him for? What if I don't speak to him again...

Then I hop out of the car and leave a part of me behind. What a Cliche bitch.

Moving to my first class, I walk past Georgia who is showing off the most victorious smile in history. Go to hell. Thanks for wrecking my life all over again.

And guess what? Georgia sashays up to Hunter at his locker, shuts the door and begins flirting with him. Yep. Someone shoot me now. Instead of letting her get to me on the outside, I mask up my emotions much like Hunter, lift my chin and walk casually into class.

"Hey, you look a bit constipated..." Maya scrunches up her nose.

"Oh I'm just trying to be positive." I respond casually.
"Well lemme be the first to say that you're doing it all wrong." Ruby joins in and I slap her arm playfully. Thank the Lord for friends like Maya and Ruby.

"I really needed that tiny bit of negativity. I'll just add it to the list of shit."

"Oh stop overreacting. You have nothing to complain about." 

And that my friend, is where you are wrong. 

***

hey so im sorry that this wasnt published earlier but ive been hella busy...

anyway- whos ur fave character so far? 

ily,

-L