7- open up to me

"B...wake up." A voice says and I wake up to Hunter's head right up in my face. His hand brushes my face and I flinch because of the sudden contact. Since I wasn't expecting it, it seemed a lot like Trevor's outbursts.

"What's wrong?" He says after I flinch.

"Nothing." I rub my eyes and realise that we're parked at what I'm guessing is the campsite.

"Why'd you flinch?" This time he isn't gonna let it slide.

"Drop it." I say and hop out of the car and walk to the boot of the car to grab my duffel bag.

Hunter swiftly follows and in one move, puts either hand on the sides of the car, trapping me. His face is full of concern and I sigh. Why must he be like this? He's cold, then 'open up to me.'

"Bree-"
"No. Why are you like this?" I say. "Why do you change emotions so suddenly and leave me so confused? What happened Hunter?"

He runs his fingers through his hair and thinks about what to say. "Things have happened Bree..."

"Well a lot of things have happened to me but I manage."

"It's complicated." He says, passing me my bag and grabbing his. I mumble a thanks. We're surrounded by trees and it's so serene and peaceful. A few cars are scattered around the open area which I'm guessing is people from our school, and I recognise Bryan's car. A girl hops out of a car nearby and waddles over to Hunter...in heels. She practically jumps into his arms and he doesn't look overly happy about it.

"At least try look happy." I mock and the girl scowls.

"Who is she, baby?" The girl says to Hunter.

"My friend." He detaches her arms. "and drop the baby shit, we're not together."

"So you regret all that we did together?" She says slowly.

"well I'll be nice...I don't want to repeat it." He says and I cover my laugh with a cough.

"Excuse me." She squints at me. "He likes me more than you skank." 

"Sorry, what was that?" I say, "It's hard to hear you with your head that far up your plastic ass."

She looks offended but recovers and shoves past me, shuffling off in her heels.

"whoa since when were you so....badass?" Hunter smirks. "I'm starting to like it." 

"I've had a lotta practice with idiots." I smirk back.

"Piss off." he huffs and I walk off laughing to myself.

"my main bitch!" Maya calls from Bryan's car.

"Should I be offended?" Ruby jokes and nudges Maya.

"Yeah, deeply." Maya rolls her eyes with a chuckle.

"I really don't like the 'great outdoors.'" Maya whines, swatting a mosquito on her arm.

"I really couldn't tell." Ruby says sarcastically.

"Well now what?" Ruby sighs, leaning against my brother's car.

"Now...we- oh damn he looks fine." Maya says as Caleb climbs out of Bryan's car.

"You literally saw him 10 minutes ago in the car." I say with a chuckle.

"Yea but is it possible that he looks even. Fucking. Hotter?" She practically drools.

"No it's not." Ruby groans.

"Your such an expressionist." Maya says.

"Pessimist..." I correct, laughing.
"Bitch that's what I said." She nudges me.