22- I love you

"I like this." Hunter says as I lay in his arms, watching the sun set.
"Like what?" I ask, smiling at the pink and orange sky.

"I like the sunset. And I like being here after a while. And I like that you're wearing my hoodie." He smiles and I blush. He noticed...well of course he fucking noticed, it's his bloody jumper.
"Don't you like me?" I tease.

"No." I go to whack his arm playfully but he grabs it and intertwines our fingers. "I love you."
As soon as those words leave his mouth, all the breath I have leaves my lungs. Hunter Evans loves me. Me. Hunter Evans loves Bree, the girl who was abused and had close to nothing left. The girl who cried and sat alone most of her life ...the girl who thought she wasn't worth ever feeling loved.

"You love me?" I say, on the verge of tears.

He nods, smiling. "I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it."
"Ok." I tease, watching his face turn to disappointment that I didn't say it back.

"Oh come on, you big baby." I give him a kiss and feel his lips turn upwards into a small smile.

"I love you." I finally reply and his small smile transforms into a huge grin. This time I know for sure that I love him. I do. I really do. He makes me feel so safe and secure, a feeling that I'm not used to.

He makes me smile from how happy he looks and while he's looking at the sunset, I take a quick photo of him smiling, his face lit up from the beautiful sky. Before he notices, I tuck my phone into my bag and lay on his chest until dark.

"We should get going." I sigh, running my fingers through Hunter's soft hair. He groans before mumbling, "fine."

"I got a question." I ask, still laying on the grass.

"Shoot."

"What are we?"
"What do you mean?"
"Like I mean, we've hung out a lot, and said the L-word." Hunter chuckles at how I worded that.

"Well what do you wanna be?"
"I wanna be more than this. But if you don't then that's ok-"
"No, I love you B. So why not be more?" He shrugs, playing it cool but my insides are flipping around. Not only does Hunter love me, he wants to stay with me.

"You know what?" Hunter says, "I want to take you out."

"Like a date?"
"Yeah. A date." I smile before he crashes his lips onto mine once again. He's my drug, I'm addicted to Hunter.

"Your lips are so soft." Hunter mumbles mostly to himself.

"Well they're all yours." I reply, "but now, we gotta get home before mum shits herself."
Hunter chuckles and stands up, grabbing my hand and we walk back down the path that I have missed so much.

---

Since we came in separate cars, we go our different ways.

"Cya round Hunter." I salute and just before I get in my car, he yells.
"I'll pick you up tomorrow, at 5." Wow, a sunday night date, he's really pulling his shit together. And for once, it's not sarcastic.

"Aight, bye asshole."
"I love you clumsy." I blow him a kiss before climbing into my car, singing like a dying seal, the whole drive home. Bloody hell, the things this guy does to me.

---

"Hey sweetie, you look happier than usual." Mum greets me as I limp-skip into the kitchen.

"Yep. I found Hunter ma."
"What? Was he missing?" She looks confused then I realise that I didn't fill her in.

"I didn't know where he was, I was just paranoid from, you know..." I trail off but nothing can shove me off cloud nine now. Aye Trevor, I'm still living life bitch. At least he's fucked off and in jail for good now.

"That isn't the only good thing is it?" She smiles as I hum to myself, in my own world.

"I'm going on a date."

"With who?" Mum leans on her elbows, eager for me to spill.

"Hunter." I smile in a dreamy state.

"Evans?" I nod, "he's a good guy, he saved your life remember?"

"Yeah he did." I smile,

"shit." I remember Maya. She also saved me, yea she visited the hospital but I haven't thanked her.

"Language missy."
"Sorry, I gotta call Maya real quick." I ring her number, struggling up the stairs into my room. The bruising is finally healing, very bloody slowly.

"Hey boo." she answers after I manage to lay on my bed.

"hey, I've been forgetting to call you, but thankyou."

"For?"
"Don't play the humble card, you really helped me the other night, thanks Maya."
"All good. I got you sis."
"Sorry about not telling you about all that. I didn't want to make a big deal, and after all, I moved here for a fresh start away from my past."

"It's all good, your mum filled me in. But who wouldn't beat the shit outta some creepy man that was dragging you-"

"Ok I think I get it..." I chuckle.

"Oh. Sorry Bree. Shit I'm bad at comforting."
"It's all good, calm your tits." I laugh.
"Aye no one can talk about my tits but caleb."
"Sorry. My bad." I roll my eyes. "Ok guess what I'm doing tomorrow?"

"A party?"
"The fuck? No!" I smile at her. Why the hell would I want to go to another party this soon?

"Well what?!"

"A motherfucking date." 

"Oh my fucking- aAHHh!" She screams excitedly into the phone and I might've lost the ability to hear.

"Shhh settle down." I laugh *again.*

"Alright imma go wash my tits." She says. Now that's a new way to say shower. Don't tell me Caleb is not only gonna talk about her tits, but look at them in the fucking shower. 

"Oh-k. You do you I guess." I stifle yet another laugh.

"Bye boo."
"Cya Maya." I wave but then put my arm down awkwardly. She can't bloody see you.

I lay on my back and scroll through instagram, that is until my phone falls onto my face. I groan in pain, because it landed right on top of my bruising.

Hunter's right, I am literally the walking definition of clumsy.

---

so i updated early again. whoop whoop!!

and yes, Hunter and Bree said I LOVE YOU. finally bro. what do yall think of them? 

remember to respond to my conversation thingy on my profile, whether you want a sequel or not.  trust me, the story isn't finished yet, but it's getting closer!!

aight, ily x

-L

ps- yes ik they aren't dating but ya know, maybe they will soon. and they love eachother so YAY