11- The Texts

Songs for this chapter-

Low blow- CXLOE

On my way- Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter.

We lied to each other- Olivia O'brien.

I don't know my name- Grace VanderWaal

All we have is love- Sabrina Carpenter.

----

A huge waterfall and a beautiful view of the chiselled layers of rocks behind the cascade of water. Now that was my dream. In reality, I woke up on my towel in the sun, a 'waterfall' being poured onto me from a bucket. The chiselled rock was Hunter, who's muscles were on show when I was getting drenched.

"What the fuck!" I yell picking up the bucket which is now on the grass beside me and throwing it at the culprit. Hunter catches it before it hits his face. Wouldn't wanna wreck that pretty little face would you? He gets away with fucking everything.

"You were getting a bit sunburnt." He laughs.

"Ha ha. Class clown right here everybody! Do you want a gold star for that?" I huff, sitting up.

"yea I do." He chuckles.

"I'm gonna let you know that it's okay to fuck around sometimes but this is just too much." I let out an exasperated sigh. He's so tiring. Doesn't he remember that like an hour ago we were full on kissing? 

Goofy hunter is nice, but this isn't goofy. It's stupid and frustrating. "You just don't have a limit. You keep pushing Hunter." I know I sound like a pyscho yelling at him like this but I'm not just angry about now. He's always changing moods and his so called jokes are getting out of hand.

"Ok calm down." Ruby comes over, and I stand up, wringing out my towel, which was dripping wet. Although she's trying to help, I ignore her, avoiding another outburst which would come from my mouth.

My phone buzzes soon after-

From Unknown - watch your back, skank.

"Ugh, why is everything so fucked up." I mutter out of frustration. Who the hell would come at me like that? It's probably just a sick joke but it's not funny on top of everything else. 

"Look I'm sorry ok?" Hunter comes up beside me and I tilt my phone before he sees the message. Then I quickly block the number and decide to ignore them. There's no use fighting over text with someone I don't even know.

"No it's fine. I shouldn't have lashed out like that." I say, trying to move away from the subject. I was being a little bitch and now that's the least of my worries.

Hunter gives me a weird glance full of guilt, but covers it up with his blank expression. I wish I was better at hiding emotions sometimes.

-----

"Ok we're leaving today so we gotta pack." Maya says around lunch time. Although we've only stayed for one night, I'm gonna miss this peaceful place. It reminds me of how much I missed out on when I was under the control of Trevor, and now I have this freedom. It's nice...

From Unknown- Blocking the number won't do shit, you little bitch. 

Who the fuck is it? Am I bloody stupid not knowing who it is? This has taken another step...

To Unknown- Ok whoever this is, you need to stop and go fuck up someone else's lives.

Almost immedietely I get another text.

From Unknown- Make me. Have fun at your little camp but be ready.

This is getting frustrating. I don't bother blocking them because it isn't gonna do a damn thing.

It must be someone at the camp sending the texts because how would they know that I'm here?

Maybe Hunter's playing another shitty joke? I doubt it, that would be taken way too far. And he hasn't really been on his phone much. Looking around, I notice that Ruby, Bryan and Georgia are all on their phones...but that doesn't mean it has to be one of them, right?

A random creep could've just known somehow I guess....

Luckily, we have a big brunch consisting of eggs, baked beans, bacon and toast, which distracts me from my stupid thoughts and then I have to worry about packing up.

-----

The packing up part can not be described with any other word but awkward. Like it was dead silent between Hunter and I. And note that we're packing up in the same tiny-ass tent. At one point I wanna tell him all about the text messages, how I'm starting to worry about them. But I seal my mouth shut because although we made a deal, it'd be safer for him. I know what he's like, he wouldn't stop until that person was seriously hurt and put into hospital. And what am I going to do or feel when Hunter goes to prison for my petty problem. How would I cope with that guilt?

---

"What's with the silence B?" Hunter asks when I lug my duffle bag into his car. Yep, another few hours with class clown during the drive home.

"Nothing." I say avoiding eye contact.

"If it's about earlier I-"
"It's nothing ok?" I huff and sit in the car. We've already said bye to everyone and it's time to leave so we can get back in time for dinner. Caleb suggested the idea of all going out for dinner together and it seems like a good distraction so everyone's agreed to go. 

Bad news is that Georgia is coming along because apparently she has no one else to annoy, mental groan.

So Hunter doesn't become sus, I try to start conversation.

"So where are we going out to?" I ask. Hunter keeps his eyes trained on the road.

"Some kind of Thai restaurant." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"Oh cool." I say awkwardly with a nod. Right now I'm wishing for goofy Hunter to kick in and say something to break the ice. But I can't choose which side of him he shows, as much as I wish I could.

"Quit the facade." He says after pulling into the restaurant carpark. He turns to face me, his eyes hard. 

~~~~

so i did end up updating early xx

I have to go back to school soon so the updates will probably go back to once or twice a week. sorryyy,  but ily x

-L