10- The Lake

so for some chapters ill write some songs that might relate to the chapter, or what ive listened to while writing. this chapter's songs r....

Clumsy Love- Thelma Plum, Beautiful People- Ed Sheeran, Khalid, What a time- Niall Horan, Julia Micheals. 

"Why the fuck are you wearing my jumper?" Hunter says when we get to the lake. It's a huge lake, with a wharf and a bunch of trees around for shade. An esky and picnic blanket are under one of the larger trees, where Hunter is standing. Why is he so damn distracting when he has no shirt on, and fuck, those abs...

"Because I can." I pout like a baby.

"Well whatever, keep it, I don't care." He says but a smile tugs at his lips. Why the hell would he let me keep it?

"Aight." I pull it off my body only to see hunter staring like a goldfish. Now who's distracted?

"Damnnn." He breathes out and I smirk.

Maya nudges me, whispering, "can't you see how whipped he is over you?" Her and Ruby walked with me to the lake, not far from camp.

"Pffft." I reply. Yeah right...he has so many other girls that would die to be with him, so why would he choose me?

"For real, he's getting soft." Ruby says and I laugh.

"Aye ruby." Mason comes up to her, grabs her hand and takes her over to the lake.

"Bro they're so cute." I smile.

"Too cute." Maya fake gags before walking over to Caleb who's already in the water. As soon as he sees Maya, he smiles. I need something like that.

"So...why'd you let me keep your jumper?" I walk up to hunter who's grabbing a can of coke.

"Because you look better in it." Hunter smirks, looking up at me from beside the esky.

"Aw you are getting soft." I tease, nudging his arm.

"Bet." He smirks mischievously before lifting me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, before walking over to the edge of the wharf.

"Put me down you bastard!" I squirm around, but that boy sure is strong. I swear to god if he-

"Sure thing clumsy." He laughs before throwing me into the lake. The icy water hits me like a brick wall and I kick my legs to get some air. What a bloody turd...When I come up to the surface, I see Hunter mid air, diving into the water beside me from the wharf.

"You are so fucking slack." I yell at him, splashing his eyes with water. Then I realise I can't even stand, and struggle to keep my head above water. Hunter seems to notice who can somehow stand, and grabs my waist, pulling me closer to him. My heart races from the sudden contact and closeness.

"Nooo, I don't need your help." I say, and he lets go.

"Ok fine, I do." He laughs at me then lifts me up my waist, holding me above the water. I wrap my legs around his torso, the water holding most of my weight.

"It's freezing." I mumble. "You shouldn't have thrown me in."

"Well you would still be out there, not even swimming, like Bryan."

"Where even is he?" I ask. I didn't see him over there before.

"With Georgia..." Bryan could do so much better than her.

I groan, remembering what she said to me, and say, "What the fuck is her problem?"

"We went out for a bit, but when I moved on, she couldn't accept it." If Hunter broke it off with her, she mustn't be girlfriend material. Actually no, truth is that Hunter would move on regardless of the girl.

"Well I'm sure it would be hard to accept it when some dude just breaks it off and finds another toy." I huff and Hunter changes his face expression. I can't believe I'm taking her side...

"I didn't just break it off." He says darkly. "She cheated on me then tried to come running back."

Not gonna lie, Hunter doesn't look like the kind of guy who gets cheated on. But now I feel like an idiot for going against him.

"I'm sorry." And I genuinely am. He's lost his dad, he's been cheated on, and god knows what else. But he still manages to push through. "Your really strong." I say.

"In what way?" He asks.

"Well physically...and emotionally."
"No, don't think that. I fucked up Bree, I just shut down when I lost dad. Being strong isn't that...your the strong one. You keep a smile on your face, you try in school, you do your best. And what do I do? I ignore everyone and be a dick."

"I don't blame you. Yeah you can do better, but everyone can in some way. You've been through a lot of shit, don't beat yourself up." I smile. My heart breaks for him thinking that he's a failure, he's so much more than that.

"Sometimes I don't know if I wanna drown you, choke you or kiss you." I smile.

"Well aren't we just friends?" He challenges his face only inches away. His eyes stare straight into mine as if he can read my thoughts.

"Well yeah, but we'll see what happens I guess." I shrug.

"Well you can drown me in your-"

"No no no." I cover his mouth with my hand.

"I was gonna say pool." He smirks, removing my hand from his mouth, but not letting go.

"No you were not. You're so bloody dirty." I mock.

"Only for you." He continues smirking. Although he's fucking around, my cheeks heat up.

"Well you could choke me or kiss me." That damn smirk. "But right now, let me pick." He leans forward, connecting our lips and I react immediately, pulling him closer. My hands find their way to his hair and his arms stay wrapped around my waist tightly, almost afraid to let go. I feel him smile into the kiss, making my heart flip. 

I don't know how long we stay like that, but it goes by quickly as I greedily take everything in. The slight taste of coke on his breath, his aftershave and the feeling of his lips locked onto mine. We only pull away when I've run out of breath. Fuck, he's a good kisser.

"You can still choke me if you want." He smirks, his lips swollen. I stick my tongue out at him childishly before swimming back to the wharf, a huge smile on my face and my cheeks flushed. "Bro you just-" Maya hollers from the picnic blanket, "THAT'S MY GIRL. finally."

I laugh, "Yeah we kissed ok? That doesn't mean anything."

"But it means a hell of a lot to me, my ship is setting sail bitch. Don't wreck it."

"Why is Maya so happy?" Ruby comes up to us, pulling Mason behind her like a child.

"I kinda kissed Hunter." I shrug but her eyes widen.

"Omg actually?"
"Yep." Maya cuts in.

"My little girl is growing up." Ruby says, wiping a fake tear from her eye.

"Oh shut up." I laugh, grabbing myself a can of coke and laying down on my towel in the sun. I actually kissed him...but that doesn't mean he likes me. 

He kisses every girl he sees. And he doesn't treat me any differently to any other girl. But it was nice I guess. And it helped me to decide whether I actually have feelings for Hunter.

And I do...

++++

so that happened...

anyway make sure to vote and if I can get 7 votes, I'll update in 1-3 days rather than closer to a week. 

-L

( ps- for anyone confused, an esky is like the Australian word for a drink cooler i think. well it keeps drinks cold so yea <3 )