9- Lets make a deal

"Ok, who's sleeping where?" Bryan takes charge when everyone has settled down around the fire. Everyone looks at each other before looking at me.

"What?" I say.

"I'm with uh, Maya!" Ruby says eyeing Maya.

"I'll bunk with Mase." Caleb shrugs.

"I'll be with myself." Bryan says.

It leaves only me and Hunter. ​Coincidence, I think not. "​ You guys are in on something." I sigh, crossing my feet.

"I ain't complaining." Hunter mutters and I sigh. To be honest, I'm not up for arguing with him and I don't wanna be the bitch who complains all the time.

"Fine. I'm going to set up the tent." I stand up while the others leave to do the same. Hunter grabs a tent from his car, bringing it over to an empty space near the fire.

"So..." I say, grabbing the instructions sheet.

"Fuck that." Hunter throws the sheet on the floor.

"Oh-k then. Show me how you do it, camper boy." I smirk as he attaches the poles together, forming a frame.

"Hold this here." He shows me, and I stand holding one of the poles while he attaches the fabric to it. I struggle to not look at his biceps straining as he constructs our home for the weekend. Do you think I can just pretend he doesn't smoke? Great plan Bree...

Once the tent has been put together, I grab my sleeping bag and shove it in the surprisingly large space.

I begin to walk away to Maya but Hunter grabs my waist forcing me to stumble toward him.

"Now tell me what's wrong." His breath tickled my face as he held me against him.

"You'll think I'm an idiot. And I don't want to wreck this trip for you by complaining."

I say, my breath hitching in my throat from the closeness.

"I will never think your an idiot. And you being upset will wreck this trip." He lowers his head to line up our faces.

I sigh knowing I can't get out of this one. "Trevor used to smoke...a lot. Mixed with the alcohol, I dreaded the smell of tobacco. It was the smell of abuse and when I smelt the smoke, I knew he was around and I wasn't safe." I sigh. "That's why I'm worried, even thinking about that smell makes me fucking sick."

Hunter loosens his grip on my waist and his face softens.

"I don't think your an idiot B." Then he runs his fingers through his hair, "we'll make a deal."

"Mm?" I press.

"You promise to let me know when something's worrying you and I'll...I'll try not to smoke. Not that I'm fucking addicted or anything."

As much as I want him to not smoke, do I really want to worry him with my issues?

I trust him though right?

"Deal." I smile, "I'll whoop your ass if you break the deal."

"You love my ass too much for that." He somehow turns it into a dirty conversation.

"Not as much as you love mine." I smirk, and his hands slowly creep down to my ass.

"Watch it mister." I push his chest and he gives my ass a squeeze before letting go.

"Oh you better fucking run!" I yell as he runs to the others who are now at the fire.

When I catch up, I sit down, not bothering to whack hunter as much as he deserves it.