18- Fruitloops

"Crapitty crap crap crap!" I exclaim grabbing my phone and bag.

"Naw what's the rush?" Hunter says, hugging me from behind as I reach for my phone. His arms snake around my waist, holding me tightly.
"I've got to go... It's like 8 and my mum is gonna kill me." I squirm around in his arms but he won't let go.

"How about..." He kisses my neck lightly, "I drive you home..." another kiss. "And it'll all be ok." He gives me a kiss on top of my head. "Don't stress muffin." I relax almost instantly, sinking into his welcoming but familiar touch. I love the way he instantly relieves my pain and stress, he's my painkiller.

"Where's Leah?" I ask after a while of just standing there in Hunter's arms.

"Right here lovies." Leah walks in to the kitchen and I try to jump away from Hunter. He still doesn't let me go and I huff, calming down.

"It's ok, you don't need to hide your obvious feelings." Leah teases and I blush like mad. Hunter's arms, which are still around my body, start tracing small patterns and shapes on my wrist which is hanging down in front of me.
"We aren't together..." I mumble but Hunter smiles.

"Not yet at least." He replies with a smile, his chin resting on my shoulder. Leah and I both smile at his words before she leaves the room. Not yet. YET. As in soon we could be? Um yes please. I sound just like Georgia and every other girl, falling for Hunter, but it isn't like that to be honest. There's so much more than lust. More than getting dic-

"Ready to go?" Hunter asks, spinning me around to face him.
"Ready." I smile before pecking his lips.
"Naw what kind of kiss was that?" He pouts and I chuckle.
"You gotta calm down mate. You can't get everything you want."
"True. I'll tell you why?" He smiles cheekily.

"Mm?"

"Because I want you B." And with that, he leaves me standing there flustered, casually walking out the front door to his car. Whoa ok. Hunter fucking Evans wants me. I smile like a dopey idiot before practically skipping out the door to find Hunter honking the car at me. Dejavu.

"Are you bloody crazy?!" I say, climbing into the car.

"You were taking ages." he shrugs.
"It was literally 10 seconds."
"Exactly." I roll my eyes at his lack of patience and he begins driving to my house.

*three missed calls from Mum*

"Shit." I mumble, leaving a text.

*hey sorry I missed your calls, I was overwhelmed and Hunter took me to his house for dinner. I'm on my way home now xx*

*It's alright honey, I'm glad your ok now.* bless her. Like for real, she's the actual best. And that's the moment when I realise that I am so lucky. Some people don't have someone who looks out for them or to call family. And yes, I was like that a while ago, but now I have those people. I look over to Hunter who is concentrating on driving and smile with this new found happiness.

"Thank you." I say cheerily.

"For?" He replies but smiles at my sudden burst of joy.

"Everything. And coming back to me." 

"No biggie." He shrugs, trying to play it cool. I place my hand over his on the gear stick and he smiles for real this time.
----

"We're here." Hunter says, brushing a strand of my hair off my face. He's standing at my door, waiting for me to get out. I somehow fell asleep in like 5 minutes and now I don't want to get up. His car is parked in my driveway and the light is on because of my door being open.

I pull my hand up to block out the fucking light that is practically blinding me.

"I don't wanna walk. Can I stay in here?" I whine, half asleep. Hunter chuckles and before I know it, he's lifted me up holding me bridal style in his strong arms.

"I swear if you fucking drop m-"
"I won't." he chuckles again and grabs my phone and school bag before walking me up to the front door. It's lowkey cute how he just holds me, despite probably being hella tired. I nuzzle my face into his hoodie and *non-creepily* breathe in his scent. I will never get enough of this smell.

I start to drift off again but I do hear my mum talking to him, me still being in his arms.

"Thank you," I mumble, as I am put into my bed, the familiar feel of my blankets surrounding me.

"No problem, goodnight clumsy." Hunter kisses the top of my head before pulling the covers over me, and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out.

----

I wake up in the comfort of my own bed, the sun streaming through the curtains. I lean over to grab my phone and check the time. 9:30. I pull the covers off of me and swing my legs out of the warm bed.

Unlike most mornings when I'm groggy and tired, I feel energised and awake, I must've slept like a log. I rub my hand over my face and walk to the bathroom.

After a quick shower, I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Bryan is eating fruit loops with his hair sticking up. Typical.

"Morning." I sit down next to him, "where's mum at?"
"Fucking work."

"Why does she work so much?" I know the answer but I ask anyway.

"To have enough money for both of us, no husband remember?"

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your dad?" I ask.

Bryan sighs and fidgets with his spoon saying, "he commited suicide when I was young. I still remember the day when mum told me."
"I'm sorry Bryan..." 

"No it's ok, but that's why mum tries to help people in need, like you were. So you can live a happy life to the fullest."

"Thankyou." I envelope him in a tight but comforting hug, "It must be hard and I know I don't understand but I am really sorry."

"It's alright," He smiles, "anyway, can I finish my fruit loops without anymore deep shit?"
I chuckle and say, "go for it." I really am sorry for the guy, he's been through a lot too. And that's what I've learnt, that most people have their own hardships but you don't realise until you get to really know them. 

Just then my phone rings, a picture of Maya flipping me off pops up on my phone which is her profile picture. I laugh, picking up her call.
"Hey bitch!" She yells into the phone and I hold it away from my ear.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"So there's a party tonight at some dude's house and you're coming with me and Ruby."

I consider it for a second, and remember it's Saturday.

"Sure, come over tonight to get ready yea?"
"Aight, and caleb is coming. ok bye!"
"Cya!" I reply laughing, and hang up.

"There's a party tonight yea?" I turn back to Bryan.
"Yep, but I'm not going." He replies, putting his bowl in the sink.

"Uh why?" He's not the person to miss a party especially on a weekend.

"I just wanna stay home." He shrugs.

"Mm ok." I'm sure he's having a girl over or some shit but I won't push it.

"Hunter's going so you'll be fine." He teases and I glare at him.

"Stop putting shit on me, he's a nice guy."
"Nice aye?"
"Yep, no dirty shit."
"Good 'coz I don't want to be an uncle just yet." He always takes the piss out of me.
"The baby would run away from you anyway." I laugh.

"They would love me."
"Ok can we stop talking about what would happen if I had a baby?" I shake my head at the thought. The baby would look pretty cute from Hunter's genes.

"Fine...but it better not sleep in my room." Bryan says and I groan. Why can't he just shut up sometimes?

I'm sorry this update took a while but i literally had like 3 assessments to do and a shit load of stress. 

remember to vote and comment!! like yall never comment but all gucci. <3

-L