Bonus chapter- Graduation

6 months later-

"Oh my-sweetie, you look gorgeous!" Mum gasps, her hand flying to her mouth as I walk down the stairs.

"Thanks mum." I smile, giving her a hug.

"Oh Bryan, you look so handsome." She then praises my brother as he slides down the banister like a complete idiot.
"You just wrecked my perfect 'walking down the stairs' graduation scene." I huff, punching Bryan in the arm.
"Ow. And no I didn't. This isn't Hollywood Brianna."

"You two just get along. Aw, my two kids all grown up."

"I don't think both of us have grown up." I try to glare at Bryan without laughing.
"You look like a young lady Bree." Mum's eyes begin to water as she looks at my outfit.

"Mum you don't need to cry." I chuckle, "I'm still the same as I was yesterday."

"I know honey, but it's another big step in your life." She gestures for me to give her a hug and bryan stands there awkwardly.
"See, even Bryan's too old to hug his momma." Mum jokes, just before the doorbell rings. I hobble over to the door, making sure to hold up my dress or else I'll trip on it. These heels will be the death of me.

"Hello?" I say opening the door to reveal a very hot and dressed up Hunter. He's in dress pants, yes you heard me correct. And a white dress shirt that hugs his biceps. A tie is on his neck, and I am honestly so surprised to see him so dressy. 

My breath hitches in my throat as his eyes graze slowly over my body, up to my face. At least he's learnt to keep his focus off my boobs.

"You look so fuckable." He whispers into my ear and I punch his shoulder. "Aye I was joking, you look beautiful, baby."

"So I don't look fuckable?" I smirk.
"Mm you sure do, maybe even more with those clothes off." He smirks and his lips ghost over mine. I hear a throat clear, and snap my neck around to see my mum there with her arms crossed.
"Save that for later, you two." Hunter smiles, and turns me around to the door where Amber bounds up to me, Leah trailing behind.

"BWEE!!"

"AMBER!" I say with just enough enthusiasm, that is, before Amber jumps onto me and I stumble back in these dumbass heels.
"Shit." I mutter as I go toppling over. If I rip this fucking dress I will punch someone. Just as I am about to hit the ground, I feel two strong arms grab me from beneath my arms and stand me backupright.

I stare at Hunter, shocked that he caught me so quickly.

"Quick reflexes, clumsy" He shrugs and I laugh. He must've had a lot of practice with catching me.

"Amber! You need to calm down, this is their special day." Leah scolds Amber and holds her hand, as if Amber will make a run for it.
"Oh sweetie it's ok." My mum replies, dismissing the mistake with her hand. That's when I realise how alike our parents are. Both are single mums, and do the best for their family.
"What do you say?" Leah hums to Amber.

"Sowwy bwee." Amber mutters, her head hanging low.

"It's all good." I chuckle as Hunter snakes his arms around my waist.

"Ready?" He sits his chin on my shoulder, pressing his body against my back.

"Mhm." I reply, nervously chewing on my lip. Mum's right, this is a huge step. We're ending highschool...starting college. Moving on. It'll be like a whole new life and I can't help but wish that I could stay like this...in this moment forever.

What if one day I've lost everyone I care about, not even noticing how fast life has gone by.

"Bree what's wrong?" Hunter whispers into my ear after a while of just standing there, and I come back to reality. Our parents and Amber aren't standing here anymore, but I can hear them chatting in the kitchen.