13- Teddybear

"Mum?" I ask while she's on her phone.

"Yeah?" She looks up.

"What would you do if you really like this guy but there's another girl who can't give him up?"
"Well that's a tough one." She replies, her lips in a thin line. "you need to decide whether this guy is worth it, and whether he likes this girl more than you. It's his choice too."

"he is worth it, and I think he likes me...but I have to keep my distance, for the better."

"talk to him about it, you shouldn't have to stay away." But I can't... I can't even tell mum about the specifics for reasons I'm afraid to think of. 

"You've been through a lot Bree, but you're a strong girl. You'll be ok." She smiles, resting her hand on mine. "Now who's this guy your talking about?"
"Hunter." I reply sheepishly. I've told her about him being my old friend and being at this school.

"Hunter evans?!" I nod. "That boy is trouble..."
"Well I guess." I can't argue with that. "But not trouble like that girl might be."
"Don't do drugs." She says sternly, "and stay safe. Safe with sex that is."

"Mum!" I groan and she laughs as I go up to my room. She won't have to worry about that, I've chosen to stay away from him, as much as I don't want to...

I jump under my bed covers, laying in my own misery until my phone buzzes.

*Hey, u ok? x*

*who tf is this?* I text back, shit scared if this is another text. 

*It's Hunter, clumsy*

*How the hell did u get my number?*

*Maya gave it to me*

*Well I'm stuck with u now aren't I?*

*Yep. Now answer my question, are u ok?* Am I? I shouldn't be texting him and leading him on like this.

*Yeah I'm fine. But I gtg* I was considering putting a x on the end but that goes against what I'm trying to do. Put distance between Hunter and I.

----

RING RING RING

"What do you w- Bryan?" I say to myself when I wake up in the middle of the night, my phone ringing in my ears.

"Hey Bree, wait is this even Bree?" Bryan slurs from the phone.

"Yes its Bree now you need to calm down with the drinks." I tell him sternly.

"But I'm having fun you party pooper." He whines and I can hear music in the background.

"Aye wanna go smoke some pot?" A familiar voice says to Bryan and I get start to get mad.

"Was that Hunter?!" I say into the phone, getting out of bed and grabbing an outfit from my wardrobe.

"Yeah he's a good guy aye?" He says.

"Yeah now don't go do drugs ok?" I tell him.

"Why?" I hear him groan.

"Its drugs you idiot!" He huffs.

"Now what do you even want?" I say, getting dressed.

"I was gonna ask you to leave the front door unlocked for me."
"How are you gonna get home?" I ask.

"I'll walk. Duh!"

"Where are you?"

"A party."
"Where though?!"