15- You're the difference.

3 days later-

"Hey hottie." One of Bryan's friends comes up to me and snakes his arm around my shoulders. My first reaction was, is this Hunter? But Hunter holds my waist, not my shoulders. And I don't stiffen up like I do with this guy. It's the end of the day and I'm just about to leave.

"Hey..." I shrug his arm off and cross my arms. "What's with the sudden attention?"
"Well you're obviously not around Hunter aye?" He is right. I've managed to avoid Hunter for the last few days. Georgia still scowls at me, but hasn't taken things further. Thank god.

"Doesn't mean I'll fall at other guys' feet." I snap, opening my locker to grab my bag.

"Whoa, are you on your period or something?" Wrong move bud.

"Excuse me?" I say, facing him as he leans lazily against the lockers.

"Are you on drugs or something? Oh how about, are you a fucking creep or something?" I retort.

Silence. Mm thought so. You don't just ask shit like that.

As I look away from this idiot, I see Hunter standing with Georgia, laughing at something she said. She's obviously over Bryan. And just as I'm going to look away, she leans in and kisses him. Full on the lips. And he doesn't pull away. Oh, That's it.

I slam my locker shut, Bryan's friend flinching. This also attracts the angry eyes of Georgia and Hunter to turn around and meet eyes with me. Breathe. It's just Georgia.

Hunter's expression changes from shock to jealousy real quick, and he unlatches miss Plastic's arms from his shoulders. Then he storms right over, leaving Georgia to storm off, and says, "whats going on here, Nick."

"Nothing, just getting to know Bree." I scoff. Liar.

"Sure looks like you's are getting along well." Hunter replies.

"I could say the same about you and Georgia." I say sourly.

"That was-"
"It's fine! Do what you want." I build up my walls again.

"You can go now." Hunter says sternly, turning to Nick. Nick walks away, but not before shooting me a smile which makes me feel sick. He just wants to get in your pants.

"Georgia just pulled me to her, I didn't try to kiss her."

"Well you sure kissed her back."
"Why do you care anyway? You have literally ignored me for three days. And don't say you weren't because I'm not stupid." He says, putting one arm on each side of the lockers, caging me in.

"I have to avoid you..." I push at his chest, but he catches my arm and looks at it, his eyes focussed intently.

"What is this from?" Hunter brushes his fingers along my greenish bruise on my wrist. It's healing but now it looks bad with its bruise and nail marks.

"it's nothing." I lie lamely.

"Tell me."
"No."
"Please B." Hunter pleads with his eyes. "Who did this?"

Just as I open my mouth to speak, Georgia stumbles into Hunter.

"Whoops." She says fakely, holding onto Hunter's arm.

He lets go of my wrist, glancing down at Georgia's hand.

"I gotta go." I say, walking away from the awkward conversation.

"Georgia no..." Hunter gets angry at Georgia, as I walk away.

"It was her wasn't it." Hunter clenches his jaw from beside me, as I walk into the carpark.

"How did yo- why do you think that?" I ask, nearly giving it away.

"Who else has a temper, jealousy and nails like hers?" He replies, balling his fists.

"No one." I mumble, fiddling with my ring. "But don't do anything please." Now I'm on the verge of tears. This is too much, and now Georgia could find out that Hunter knows and kill us.

"We're not safe Hunter...we have to leave, they could be watching." I feel like I'm going crazy, looking around the carpark with wide eyes.

"Who's watching Bree?" Hunter says, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Georgia...and someone who wants to kill us." I say, breaking down. Tears stream down my face as I cry into Hunter's chest and he holds me tightly.

"What am I doing?!" I hiss at myself, "we have to go home!"

Hunter doesn't ask any questions, and instead leads me to his car by the hand. He probably thinks I'm unstable, or crazy.

"What about my car?" I sob.

"I'll pick it up later. But now your safety matters. Not the damn car." He begins driving, clenching the steering wheel while his knuckles turn white. "Now tell me, what's wrong?"

I take a breath and wipe my eyes. "God Hunter. Don't you get it?! I can't tell you! I am so fucking over this shit fest and I have no one to tell! I literally can not express the amount of shit I've been through, and going through and you have no idea how much I want to tell you Hunter! And I am so so damn sorry that I brought you back into all this and now you have to deal with it as well..." I say desperately. Someone might think oh no big deal, just a few texts and a bitchy girl...but it's another pile on top of my past, and being threatened sure isn't a cup of rainbows.

"Bree listen to me." Hunter pulls the car over, runs his fingers through his hair, and when he looks back at me, his eyes are soft and somewhat vulnerable. "I don't give a fuck what Georgia has said to you, god, I don't give a damn about fucking anything right now, except for you Bree. And you can tell me, I know I haven't been the best in the past, but I promise that I'll do my best."

"It's not just Georgia..." I mumble.

"Well tell me what it is. Your strong B, you've been through a hell lot worse. What's the big difference this time?"
"You Hunter. Your the difference." I say to him, "I can't drag you into this any more than you already are."

"I can handle myself Bree. And I want to keep you safe. So let me..." And with that, he drives off, his hand on my thigh. 

i was hoping to update yesterday, but here it is...

yall can comment ya know...like it makes me happy lmao.

aight, ily

-L