21- Where are you?

~One week later~

"OH MY FUCKING FUCK-FACE!" I yell when I see my reflection for the first time. Since it's been a little while, the bruises have gotten darker and more evident. I did not expect to see my face and especially my stomach covered in purple bruising. At least the worst patches aren't on my face.

"What is it?" Lauren comes running into the room, to find me standing in front of the mirror. Yes I can actually move now. It's about time I can walk.

"My poor face!" I wail, touching my cheeks lightly. Lauren stifles a giggle, "didn't you expect this Bree?"

"Hell no!" I gasp.

"Well it was bound to happen, it'll heal over the next few weeks and in a month it'll look like it never happened." She smiles.

"A freaking month?!" I groan, sitting back down on the bed.

"Well guess what! I have 2 sets of good news!" Lauren smiles, sitting down next to me.
"Mm?"
"One, I got you some really good concealer for your face."
"Thankyou." I sigh, relieved. Yeah I have concealer but I never had to buy one that had super good coverage.

"And two, you can go home!"

"YES. finally!" She smiles at my excitement. Each day has gone so slowly, all I've been doing is eating jelly, like the whole week. I'm not even joking. 

Hunter has been MIA since our phone call and I've tried not to think about it. What if he's screwing random girls? What if he lost his feelings for me?

What did I do wrong?

----

I limp into the house after mum drove me home from the hospital.

"aye bryan?" I ask. "Have you seen Hunter lately?"

"Nah I haven't actually." He looks confused. "Not since the party, I've been more worried about you."

"Oh." so where the hell is he? After a while of fidgeting around in my room, I really start to worry. What if he ran away? Or what if he's hurt or sick or dying?!

"Hey mum, I'm just going to drive over to Hunter's place."

"Sure, drive safe and don't do anything that'll hurt you."

"Of course." I smile before looking over myself in the mirror. The concealer works like magic. I'm wearing one of Hunter's hoodies which he left in the hospital room, and jeans with vans. I know he's ok, he has to be ok. I take a deep breath, praying that he's at home.

I hobble out to my car, speed right to Hunter's house, tapping on the steering wheel nervously.

I don't see his car on the street which worries me but then I remember that he has a garage. I knock on the front door to be greeted with Leah.

"Hey Leah." I force a smile.

"Hey hun, how are you feeling?"
"Much better, still walking around like a penguin."

"I feel so bad for you, you're a fighter." She smiles sadly.

"I don't want to nag, but have you seen Hunter?"
"Yeah he said he was going out today. He hasn't been himself lately though, now that I think of it."

"Did he say where he was going by any chance?"

"No he didn't actually, but he usually doesn't anyway so I wasn't worried." She replies, pressing her lips into a thin line.

I go up the stairs and into Hunter's room which looks pretty normal. Piles of clothes are scattered around the floor, the bed messy and un made. I sit on his bed and rack my brain. Where else could he be?