Haircut

oh, yeah, wow, another massive chapter.  - - - I swear they get shorter, this scene is just really hard to divide up into chunks. 

-rabid

******************

"Okay, so not to get personal again, but I saw you pull in with Fenrir, is he just being friendly, or,"

"Are you still on the Fenrir topic?" Adelaide chuckles.

"Okay, Sunshine, but my bisexual side loves that kid, my god." I have to laugh a bit.

"No, we, no, god no." I snort. "He's treating me kind of like I'm something to unlock, like just another challenge."

"Hell no." Mags says. "I'll fight him too."

"He's not as bad as Osling though." I grumble. "Osling is a perv."

"Oh I cannot with that." Mags' grip on her mug gets tighter.

"Fen actually mentioned that when he moved in." Lucy sighs. "And, no, he's not treating you like a challenge, he's a nice boy, he's probably just struggling with you not immediately opening up to him like everyone else does."

"Wonderful," I sigh, my tone is thick with sarcasm and I don't really care.

"I won't tell you much about Fenrir, most of it you should figure out about him on your own, it makes it more fun." Lucy chuckles. "I was talking with him the other day, he says you made up nicknames for half the team."

"Oh, yeah," I laugh. "Figure that if I call them dumb names it denies them the respect they think I should give them, you know, treating them like they're just normal guys, not NHL players does them some good."

"What have you come up with?" Mags asks.

"Well, Rex I call Yeti because he's huge," I snort. "I call Osling Ireland because of his hair,"

"Come up with anything for Fen?" Mags says.

"I call him Sauerkraut."

"Oh god." Lucy laughs. "I bet he hates that."

"Why?"

"He can't stand the food."

"He can't?" I ask. Lucy is laughing into her tea like no tomorrow and I have to give her a weird look.

"No, he hates it, it's the only food he doesn't like." Lucy covers her mouth while she laughs and I have to let out a snort.

"Who would've thought, no, but like, I only called him that because it was the only German food I could think of that wasn't meat related, and you could see how that would be inappropriate." With that, Mags lets out an unearthly honk of a laugh and Adelaide giggles. "I can't walk around calling him bratwurst, I'd die of shame." I start to laugh with them. "I mean, calling him schnitzel would be even worse, I can't call him strudel either, that's equivalent to calling someone sugar." I lean back in my chair. "Vinegar cabbage was the best thing I could get to dissing him with a nickname." We laugh until we calm down just a bit.

"Hey, Nico, I hope this doesn't offend you, but can Addy fix your hair?" Mags looks over at me after a long silence in the room.

"You can do that?" I ask, turning to Adelaide.

"Yeah, I've been taught," She mumbles.

"She does mine," Mags says, looking over at her wife with loving eyes and I'm a bit jealous for a second.

"Really? Can you?" I run my hands back through my terribly cut hair. "I had long hair for a while but it got nasty on the street, me and my friend in the shelter stole a knife from the kitchens and cut it ourselves, it's really uneven, but it worked."