Ring

lmao happy new year yalls

am I allowed to call you wolves fans at this point?

MUSIC: Lay By Me - Ruben

cool

see yalls later

also, side note: cringe in advance

-rabid

******************

"Fen, come here," I grab his hoodie strings and pull him toward me. "You played so well tonight, I just wanted to tell you," he smiles, brushing his nose on mine in his kitchen.

"I played for you, like always," He smiles. I shake my head.

I kiss him once, then break off. "Shut up,"

"Coach?" He clears his throat. "Do you think we have a shot at this thing,"

"I think you've got one hell of a shot, you and the boys have an opportunity, don't bust it." I smile at him, he smiles back. "I hate it when you call me coach outside of practice,"

He winks. "Coach,"

"Zip it, train tracks," I hold tight to his hoodie strings even as he tries to back away. He sticks his tongue out at me. He stops moving backward, instead, closing the gap between us and kissing me again, soft and quick.

"I'm in the mood to drink a little, talk a little german, and stay up too late, how about you?"

"Maybe not drinking, but yes," I kiss him again.

"So maybe only I'll have a drink, you can have a taste, german beer is a lot better than the stuff we drank all those weeks ago,"

"Shush," I kiss his cheek, feeling the playoff beard under my bottom lip.

"You know what would be nice?" He slips his arms around my waist, holding me still.

"What?"

"Teaching you german so I can tell you whatever the hell I want in practice,"

I raise my eyebrows. "Doesn't Yeti speak german?"

"Not well, so if I get sophisticated, I can talk dirt with you,"

"Dirt, or dirty?" I check him. He considers it.

"Both." I slip out of his arms, backing toward the sink to get myself a drink of water.

"Good to know you're still sane," I smile, grabbing a cup off the drying rack. He shrugs. "Can I see the wound?"

"I know you care about the injury, but I swear it looks the same it did three hours ago,"

"Yeah, but," I set down the water and walk back toward him. "I just, I don't know,"

"I'm okay, I'm going to be okay," He reaches out and brushes his thumbs across my cheeks. I close my eyes under his touch, holding his forearms, still healing from my fingernails. "I know you worry about me, Nico, but I'll be okay, it'll be okay."

"Fen?" I open my eyes, gazing up at him.

"Yeah?"

"Can you bring me back to the rink? I need to get something." I hold his arms so that his hands are still on my cheeks.

"Yeah, of course," he nudges his nose on mine.

We make our way to his truck, then all the way across the city.

"Wait here," I kiss him, and jog up to the practice arena. I haven't slept at home in a long while, I like waking up to Fen. I love waking up to Fen. He's just, comforting to have. He feels safe, and safety is fleeting.