Dork

Ah, lord. Okay, get ready for this then

yes, I am posting this four hours early, but I've been sick all day and I'm hella bored. 

KEEP IN MIND: it's been about a month since Casey's. This isn't like, the week after. it's been a while.

MUSIC: Run Wild - Jon Bellion

-rabid

******************

"Hey," I push open the coffee shop door. Sam is standing by the sink, drying off a mug.

"Hey, you made it." He chuckles.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, something came up at the rink." I lean against a counter, watching him finish washing dishes.

"That's okay," He says, setting down a mug and shutting off the sink. I watch him walk around the side of the counter.

"Come on, sit." He pats the spot across a table from him. I don't know what we're going to do. "Do you like Monopoly? Because I've wanted to play for a couple months now and nobody else does."

"Sure," I sit down. He whips out a box from his backpack, setting it on the table.

"It's gotta be weird, working with those guys."

"Yeah, just a little, they get, well, interesting."

"What do you mean?" He starts handing me the starting sum of money, and I organize properties and the houses in the container.

"After the first day of practice, they decided that taking the stairs was too much, so they took turns shuttling themselves into the weight room via the freight elevator."

"Oh god," Sam laughs. "Why didn't they want to take the stairs?"

"They were sore, really sore, completely my fault, but hey, I don't regret it." I raise an eyebrow at him and he just gives me a bit of a blank look.

"I mean, yeah." he's quiet for a second and so am I. I roll the dice.

"How about you? Did you play any sports?"

"I was a soccer guy. It's a bit shameful that I never learned to skate as a native Canadian, but,"

"Only a bit." I move the top hat a couple spaces, suddenly reminded of how Sauerkraut joked that he wanted to get a top hat to piss me off.

"No, but soccer was my thing. I wasn't good, at all, I mean," He points to himself. "I'm not an athletic guy." He's right. He's twiggy. "And I definitely wasn't coordinated enough in high school to manage it, but I did."

"I never really played anything other than hockey. I ran track a couple years, but nothing much else."

"Yeah, I kind of assumed you specialized from a young age to get as far as you did." He smiles. "Can I buy this one?" I hand him the property from my little stash and he puts the money back in the bank.

"I guess, and it helps that I wasn't really interested in other sports too much. I mean, I liked them, but they all seemed kind of slow compared to hockey."

"I have a hard time watching hockey, you know, it goes so fast that my little brain just can't understand." he taps his temple.

"I dunno, it's just kind of how I like sports." I get myself another property, my strategy in monopoly is probably trash. "Fast, rough, and requiring a rather large surplus of skill."

"Extreme on all levels." He laughs. "I kinda get that energy off you."

"Yeah," I move my top hat forward again. "Two hundred, I passed go." He forks over the money from the bank.