Two Months

oh? 

So I dated these, just because they're so far apart. I mean, months. Essentially everything keeps going the same. Nico coaches, they're winning, they made playoffs. 

So, Nico goes to work, Fen plays, it's all just 'how it's supposed to go' but we all know it's very not. 

Music:
Hey Sam: All that I Know, Cian Ducrot
I'm Sorry: Revolution (feat. First Aid Kit) - Van William

Also, ,,,,,,,,,, lmao I'm so sorry about Thursday

-rabid

******************

HEY SAM - FEBRUARY 27th

"Hey, Sam." I show up to the coffee shop as it's closing on Thursday.

"Hey Nico, you missed the date, are you okay?" I slip my hands into my hoodie pockets and stay back from him a bit. I don't want to do this to him, but I feel awful about Fenrir.

"I'm not doing great, to be honest. I had a relapse, I got numb again, but I'm okay now." I lean on the counter in the same position that we first talked in. "I, don't think I should keep dating you." I mumble.

"Huh? Why?" He's concerned.

"I'm sorry, Sam, I'm not in the mental position to date you,"

"Is this about Christmas? When you came in here and said you were experiencing heartbreak?"

"Kind of," I shake my head. "I'm so sorry about this, but I kind of only wanted to be friends, I'm in a really rough spot with this guy I really like, and I needed to have friends outside of work and I guess I just didn't put up the right lines, and I'm so sorry,"

"That's alright," He nods. "Sorry for taking that the wrong way, I," 

"You did nothing wrong Sam, I led you on like a complete jerk,"

"Hey, that's fine, we had only just started dating, it's not like I've got some gigantic stack of feelings for you yet," He winks at me. "So, It'll be okay, I just want to make sure you're fine,"

"I'm sub-par, but managing," I shrug. 

"So, I," he takes a deep breath. "who's that guy and will he kill me for kissing you?"

"No," I take a minute to avoid laughing at this. Of course Fen wouldn't. "No, I think you're safe, it's, you know Fen, right?"

"Center? Assistant captain? Yeah, I know of him," He leans on the counter. "Figure he probably fucked all that up real bad, none of those hockey guys know what they're doing with other people's hearts,"

"No, I'm afraid I was the asshole in the situation," 

"well, then I hope he forgives you,"

"I hope he does too," I mumble. "Hey, Adelaide Maggie and I are going to the movies, would you want to come? As friends, of course,"

"totally,"

"Awesome." I smile at him. "I've got to go, I'm sorry, Sam. And thank you." 

"Thank you too," he responds. I walk out of the coffee shop feeling lighter. 

I walk up to Lucy's house, as that seems to be the right place to be, I want to talk to Maggie and Adelaide too.

But I stop at the top of the stairs because I hear something rough and familiar. Fenrir is crying in there. I sit by the door. God his voice sounds awful. I've noticed it, but, it used to be all deep and even and now it sounds like he's a teenager again, crackly and gone most of the time.