If You've Got Something Important to Say, Forget it

Aye, wow, this chapter, a journey. 

One, you get to see Fen's overall massive gap between hockey life and home life, and then two, we find out a reason why Nico reacted so violently to that night at Casey's. 

MUSIC:

Seasons - Greyson Chance

(OH funny story, this kid that wrote this song, do you remember that piano boy that went viral like 8 years ago for singing paparazzi? well okay, that's him, and he's wicked good. Remember Finnican? Basically his whole character is based off 'black on black' by this guy)

(also, don't worry, I've got some really really sad songs to go with the next few chapters here)

COMMENT VOTE AND STUFF CUZ I LIKE TO SEE WHAT Y'ALL'S THINK

-rabid

******************

I'm raw.

I'm in pain.

I fell as hard as one could for a girl that nobody even comes near.

She fills in my gaps and makes my simple brain flood with color. She takes wrong and turns it right. She puts things together that I broke a long time ago. I made her smile, I made her laugh. I'd give anything to do it again.

Because I'm certain she's long forgotten about me.

She knows how to do that. She told me she accepts deaths before she meets people. That once you're numb to people, letting them leave is easy.

I don't believe her. I know she still thinks about them all. I know she still suffers. I know she's just acting tough. She gets soft. I know she does. I started to see it at the end there. Where practice Nico turns to my Nico. Where she gets fun and smiley. Where she makes me laugh and feel like walking on clouds.

I drag myself off the plane and toward my Mom.

"Grant!" She says. I try to smile, I really do, I try to smile for her. "Fenrir?"

"Hey," I croak. My backpack seems to be getting heavier on my back, and she opens her arms. My mom is not a big person, I got all my height from my dad, but I'm absolutely crushed in a hug, which is what I need.

"Let's get you home," she doesn't ask any questions, she just grabs my hand and leads me out of the airport. I hang my head and follow.

It's not far between the airport and the house, and I'm thankful for that. She stays quiet all the way home.

"Elias is getting back tonight, and Dad isn't home from work yet, so when we get inside, I want you to change into pajamas, then talk," she stops the car in the driveway and I nod. "This better not be Nico, you've gushed too much about her to have messed it up already."

"It's Nico," I mumble.

"Oh boy,"

I change and stare at my home bed for a while. I won't sleep well tonight.

"Here," she slides a mug of tea across the counter to me. I'm wearing a hoodie and pajama pants, I'm comfortable but I still feel awful. "What happened."

"We went drinking with the team." I mumble.

"Oh dear," she sets her hand on my head, mussing my hair.

"She ended up home with me. When we woke up, we fought." I set my forehead on the counter.

"Oh, Grant, I'm sorry," she keeps running her hand through my hair. "When was this?"