Just Another One of Them

POST OLYMPIC HAS RETURNED!!!! 

and y'all's know what that means? oh yeah, new posting schedule. Check in on Mondays and Thursdays for new chapters. 

also this chapter literally happens December 18th. Like, big time All I Want For Christmas Is You vibes. 

MUSIC: Say [acoustic version] - Ruel (this is JUST for Fen's part. Just him. it doesn't match Nico's section at ALL.)

uh, sorry

-rabid

******************

-FENRIR-

Being hungover is not fun at all. Something they don't tell you is that alcohol is basically over glorified socially acceptable poison. You can die from it, it makes you weird, it's poison.

There's skin on mine. Hot skin. She's warm. And cozy. And her light breathing is adorable.

"I'm so sorry, Nico, I'm so sorry," I sit up, grabbing my boxers and slipping them on. Nico is asleep. I'm in trouble. I take a moment and stare, wondering what the hell to do now.

Nico sleeps with her mouth slightly parted, she looks so, so calm, so peaceful. She looks relaxed and, well, she's beautiful. I haven't told her. I should've. I needed to. It's too late now.

I needed to tell her that she's beautiful. That she makes my day every damn day. That I've spent hours rambling to my mom about how perfect she is. Maybe not perfect, but perfect to me.

See, she's got these little things she does. A half smile when she's assigning us to do something horrible in practice, a full smile when she gives us a game to play. She taps her clipboard on her leg when she's thinking. She fixes her hair when she can't believe us. She bites her lip when she's concentrating. I don't know. It's all just so intriguing to me.

I brush her hair out of her eyes and tuck her back in, the comforter right up to her chin. She's going to do terribly with this. I violated her, her trust, her body, her everything. She's not going to be able to react normally. Nico is a lover, I know that about her. I know that she loves and loves and loves, then breaks. Everyone that she's loved has broken her, left her, gone away without telling her why.

I'm no different now.

All I wanted to do was protect her.

And then I went and got drunk.

And I'm no different now.

"I'm so sorry that I hurt you, I'm so sorry that I love you,"

-NICO-

I wake up foggy. I don't open my eyes, instead focusing on a throbbing headache that seems to creep into every part of me.

I blink a couple times, fully expecting to be in my dingy apartment in the rink, because that's where I'm supposed to be. But the walls here aren't grey, they're white.

WAS I DRINKING? Is that where this throbbing headache is from? I was with the guys wasn't I? Did I go home with one of them? I give the room a once over. On god this better not be Ireland's room.

Mum I better not have messed it up that badly. Sleeping with Ireland is the lowest of the low. Lower than living on the streets.

My head throbs and I'm sore in places that could have only been caused by one thing. I pull the covers up higher over my bare chest. Who's house am I in? I look closer for details. There's a dresser on the far wall and an attached bathroom. There's a porch overlooking the Greenway, a little chair out there. There's a plant on top of the dresser, and a mirror on top of that. I look disgusting. I look sick, my hair is sticking up, I'm not wearing anything. I'm a fucking mess.