Snack in a Bag

Uh? angst, I think yes. 

THIS IS ALSO SO DAMN lOnG

MUSIC: (it kinda doesnt fit but sure) Coffins - Bohnes

Also, I don't think I'm going to be able to make a post tomorrow, but we'll see.

-rabid

******************

"Fen," I pull open the door to the rink, my skates slung over my shoulder, a stick in my hand. "This better not be a whole party, I don't have the social battery life for that."

"Nope," I look out from where I heard the voice come from. There's a gear bag on the ice.

"What are you doing?" I laugh, slipping my feet into my skates and lacing them up.

"Well, I spent three hours trying to figure out if I could pull anything off between then and now, and I didn't come up with anything, so, hi, it's a hug in a bag."

"How did you get yourself into the bag?" I open the rink door and skate out to center ice.

"It took a lot of effort." I lean down and unzip him. He's laying there, grinning like an idiot, squished in the canvas.

"I'm actually surprised you fit in there," he opens his arms up.

"Me too, but are you going to receive your birthday hug?" I offer him a hand and pull him up off the ice.

"Yeah, I guess." He tosses his arms around my back and pulls me into him.

"Happy birthday, sorry I'm lame and didn't think to know when your birthday was."

"That's okay, Fen," I mumble into his hoodie. "This is pretty good."

"Mhmm, I like this too," I look up at him, my chin on his chest. "Better than last year, better than the year before that, and all you're doing is existing."

"Oh don't go sappy on me, I won't be able to keep myself together."

"I like that about you," I push off of him and pick up a puck on my stick, flicking it into the air. "No bullshit."

"I get bullshitty when I'm doing homework in a time crunch."

"Oh, me too," I skate away from him and shoot the puck at the net. "But hey, both of us are done with homework for the time being."

"Aren't you going to go back to college?" He blurts.

"What?"

"After this, aren't you going to leave?"

"No, I don't think so," I cut around the side of the rink. "I might. I have the opportunity to go back to UMass and finish up there, this year has given me the resources to do so, and Hadley would take me back into the business after those four years, but I don't know,"

"My contract is done after this year." He takes his hand through his hair, it's a nervous habit. "I want to go where you go, Nico,"

"I want to be with you too, Fen, and I'm pretty sure my choice will end up being finishing my degree during the offseason. Summer courses."

"I want to re-sign here, stay with the guys, but," He shakes his head. "I want to make a mark on the league too, and I just, I know we won today, but I don't see us winning much in the long run, I'd just like to be somewhere that wins more than three times a season, just for the feeling of it." He shakes his head. "But, I want to be with you, and if you're here, that's better than anything."

"I figure we should just hold here, stay here, both of us. Sign short, I guess,"

"I just, I really fucking like you, and I want to be with you, probably for a long time, but I also want to find some success here, I want to see at least the damn playoffs, but, I'd take you over anything, I know that."