wake up

uh

eyes off you - PRETTYMUCH

cool, anyway

-rabid

******************

Waking up next to Fen is the most fantastic thing I've ever lived through. He's cute while he's sleeping, his lips are parted just a little, and he looks relaxed all the way through, his arm is slung over my back and every time he murmurs a little under his breath, he pulls me closer. I smile into the fabric of his hoodie and then scooch upward so I'm looking right at him.

I never thought I was the cuddling person until his arms were around me, and I definitely didn't think I was that person that watched someone sleep because it's cute.

Yeah, yeah, but then I was lying next to Fenrir Von Albrecht and you know how it goes with me and him.

So I kiss his cheek, nice and soft, not to wake him, and then I kiss the tip of his nose, just a little because he's cute while he's dreaming. Then the top of his ear, then his temple, then his mouth, because I'm pretty sure he's waking up. I kiss the corner of his mouth first, then actually on his lips, then again by the corner of his mouth, because I'm really excited to start my day with him.

"Nnnhhh," He furrows his eyebrows and reaches out, slipping his arms around my center and burying his head in my chest, falling back asleep.

"Sauerkraut," I mumble. I kiss the top of his head, then I just look down at his dark hair, all messy from sleeping on it. He rolls over, crushing me under him, curling up on my chest. I have half the heart to shove him off, but I don't because if he was cute before then, well, he got cuter all tucked up against me. I run my fingers through his hair, then across his back, feeling all over him because I wouldn't dare do this while we were awake. I kiss his forehead again.

Oh, I got mushy, didn't I.

I got romantic, in one damn day.

I got like that.

I have half the heart to say ew right then, but my cheeks hurt from smiling at him right now, and so I guess that's out of the question. Fenrir, though cute on my chest, weighs well over two hundred pounds and that doesn't go well with me breathing.

"You are too big for this, it's cute, yeah, I think it's cute, but you're heavy," I mumble to myself. He doesn't move. So I kiss his forehead again, and then I nip his ear to see if he'll wake up because of that. When he doesn't, I put my arms on his shoulders and lift this potato sack of a man so he's back on his side. He's too muscley for his own good. I kiss him again, this time lingering.

"Mmmppphhnn," He mumbles, I open my eyes, my nose against his, one of his eyes opens, but the other sticks shut, and he blinks. "Guten Morgen," His groggy voice is absolutely adorable, and at the same time, mindlessly hot. I kiss him again, he reacts quickly, kissing me back. He breaks off and smiles. "erh, Morgenatem," I have no idea what that one means, but him talking german is attractive. He kisses me again, and before I have a moment to process what's happening, we're french kissing.

Or should I say german kissing, because this doesn't feel all that french. This feels like our thing, mostly because his hands are all the way up my shirt and I'm sucking hard on his bottom lip. He sets his knees down on either side of my legs and pushes me down into the sheets.

Now, this is something I like waking up to.

I bite his lip and he mumbles something because of it. I pull back, his lip in my teeth, and I let it pop free. He opens his eyes and they look like the sea in Maine.

"I like you," I mumble. He grins at me.

"I like you too, fuck, I like you so much," He kisses me again. "But I'm really hungry," He rolls off me and sits up. I sit up with him, immediately coming around the side of the bed so that I can hold his hand. Which is sappy, I understand, but his fingers are warm, and I really like them. He swings our hands together and we make our way into the kitchen.

"We need to talk about what to do about this," He points between us. I get terrified for a minute.

"Huh?"

"Coaches, public, media, it's not looked fondly upon for a coach to be dating a player, and you, my dear, are my coach,"

"Oh, okay," I feel the panic subside. "Me and you against the problem, got it."

"So," He hands me a bowl of cereal and sits down at the counter. "What are we going to do about it." I sit next to him, his shoulder brushing mine.

"I don't know," I sigh. "I guess our best bet is to let you heal," I slip my hand under his shirt and touch the bandage, making sure it's still there. "Maybe we can talk to Hadley about it."

"This is going to sound off, but" He looks at me, chewing slowly. "We can lie low for a few weeks, keep this just between us, make sure we're sure about this all, and then go tell Hadley,"

"Makes sense," I sigh. He straightens up and winces, then reaches down to his stomach, still grimacing.

"Most of all, I want to make sure you're okay again," I put my hand over his on his stomach, pulling his fingers away from it. He points to my left, where he put his knee brace last night.

"Can you pass that," he mumbles. I hand it to him, and I watch him slip it on, fasten it, and then stand up with his empty bowl of cereal. I stand up with him, and when he sets his bowl in the sink, he takes mine from me, setting it down next to him. Then he takes both my hands in both of his, just standing there.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," He responds, smiling. I pull on his arms, pulling him down to kiss me. Fen tastes like cinnamon and adrenaline, and I love every bit of it.

"Fen, wait," I pull back.

"What?"

"I, we," I furrow my eyebrows. "Fen, I didn't,"

"Nico?" He's scared.

"I didn't dream, last night, I slept, fine,"

"Good, you're getting better," He kisses my forehead. "I hope to help you get better."