my fair maiden | n.h.

The atmosphere, the history, the adventure, and the romance. Things you loved about the Renaissance Fair. 

Which is why Nicky made it his goal to woo you at the fair. "Oh please! Everyone knows a way to a women's heart is through food." He proclaimed to Dicky.

Making his way to a turkey leg cart. He asked the guy, "One of your finest turkey legs, my good sir!"

The guy replied in a bored expression, "$12."

Shocked, Nicky spoke, "One of you least finer turkey legs then."

Pulling out a greasy turkey leg out. Cart guy said, "$11."

"Ugh, can I at least get a napkin?" Nicky, a little grossed out by the leg, stated.

"$2 for a napkin," Cart guy replied.

Widening his eyes, he exclaimed, "It was free with the other turkey leg!"

Turning his lips into a line, deadpanning, "Well, it doesn't sound like a bad deal now, does it?"

Nicky rolled his eyes, as he took the greasy turkey leg and gave the guy his money.

He turned to Dicky with a grin, "Now watch and learn, young padawan." Turning to your direction, he yelled, "(Y/N)!"

You were talking to Mae, when Nicky called. Looking at the direction you heard him, "Yeah?"

"Would you like-" the turkey leg slipped out of his hand. A near-by juggler took it, juggling the turkey leg like one of the bowling pins.

You laugh a little at Nicky's cute confused look. Excusing yourself, you make you way to Nicky.

Who was looking at his brother, Dicky. Who was hysterically laughing at Nicky. A sad glum frown on his face.

"You wanted to tell me something?" You questioned.

Nicky's shoulders rose as he jumped. "Ah!" Looking back to see it was you, he relaxed. "Oh, hey (Y/N). About the turkey leg, I'm sorry. I should've paid for that other turkey leg-"

You stopped his rambling by asking, "Do you want to walk around the fair with me?"

Locking eyes with you, "Really?!"

"Yeah, only if you want to though." You assured him.

"No! I do," he held his hand out. As he bowed, lowering his head. "My lady?" Nicky looked up at you while his head was still bowed. You watched as he looked up at you, through his eyelashes.

Blushing slightly, you laugh. Curtsying saying, "Well, I would love too. Thank you, my good sir!"

The both of you walk off together, arms linked and laughing.