candies for cuties | a.g.

[a/n: happy halloween, babes! please excuse the bad title, i couldn't think of anything creative.]

"Boo!"

You turn in mild disinterest at the man, that you called your husband, wearing a blanket over his head. Eye holes cut out sloppily, as he popped out of the closet. The blanket wasn't big enough to cover his whole body, legs showing at the bottom. His cute little dinosaur socks only proved to make the scene less scary.

At your lack of reaction, Aidan pouts. "Aww, come on! Not even a flinch?" He drapes his arms over your shoulders, whining at his failed attempt.

Rolling your eyes at his dramatics, you place a kiss on his forehead. "It was a good try, babe." You run your hands through his hair, nails massaging the scalp. He melts underneath your touch, hugging closer. You smile, knowing he was always so cuddly in the mornings.

The two of you stay like that for a while, basking in each other's warmth. Sun shining through the thin curtains of the living room. Light bouncing off the walls and hitting your skin in gold rays. Your hands intertwined with each other, rings clinking together.

As good as you felt in that moment, you pulled away. Chuckling lightly when Aidan whines, hands trying to grab you back into him. "We can't stay like that forever."

"Oh, I beg to differ." Aidan grumbles.

Moving towards the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee, your husband follows suit, trailing behind like a lost puppy dog.

You grab a mug from the cabinet, placing it under the coffee maker. "Remember, we still have to get chocolates for tonight. We've been holding it off for a while." With the fresh batch of coffee poured, you push the cup into Aidan's hands, kissing his temple. "Here. You go eat breakfast, while I get ready."

Before you could make your way to the bedroom, Aidan grabs your wrist, twisting you around. Mug still in hand, when he snakes his arm around your waist, dipping you down into a kiss. The sudden movement causes you to freeze up, but eventually you melt into the kiss.

Once, it's over and Aidan pulls back, you see a cheeky grin grace his features. "I got a reaction out of you," he teases. Burying his nose into your neck to blow small raspberries, the action tickling your skin.

Giggles come out of you, as you wiggle out of his grasp. "You dork, you're gonna spill your coffee!" He mutters something into your neck, but you don't catch it. Too busy trying to get Aidan off of you, so you can change.

Finally, Aidan releases you, leaving you with a small bite on your collarbone.

***

At the mall, you were lucky to find candy still left on the shelves. Assuming people would have bought them all, seeing as trick or treating would start in a few hours.

Surprisingly, the store wasn't too busy. You really didn't want to fight some middle aged women over a few Kit-Kat bars.

"Ew, why are you getting those?"

You look towards Aidan confused, brow arched, as you watch him grab the candy bag from your hand and place it back on the shelf.

He gets another brand of chocolates and tosses them into the cart. "M&M's are better than snickers. It's not an opinion, it's just facts."

Booping his nose, you push him from the cart. Grabbing back the candy bag you initially wanted to get. "Well, it's not for you, is it? Last time I checked, these are for the kids, Aidan."

"Maybe, it could be for me and the kids? No way, they're gonna finish the whole bag." He pauses, deeply in thought, as realization hits him. "Right?"