scream for me | f.h.

It was a cold, stormy night outside of the Hargreeves mansion. Lighting striking every few seconds. The fact seeming even more scary, as it was the night of Halloween. Kids going door to door saying, 'trick or treat.' Running of footsteps and laughter heard from the streets.

Trickling of rain against the windows of the mansion. Static screams coming from inside. Pillows and a few blankets tossed on the floor, as snacks littered the coffee table.

"I don't see what's scary about this. It's clear, that they're still breathing."

"Five, shut up and watch the movie."

You were binging scary movies with Five. An idea you pitched to him one random night, to your surprise he agreed to it. The movies were The Shining, Jeepers Creepers, Jaws, Sixth Sense, and It.

The blankets curled around you and Five, as It played on the screen before you two. The scene being Henry Bowsers' gang chasing after Ben. You hid under the sheets, just a little bit more, when Henry pulled out his knife. Looking away and sucking in a breath.

Five's arm was around your shoulder, glancing at him, you see him unaffected by the scene. Eyes focused on the movie, you get distracted by staring at him. Poking his cheek, "Boop."

His eyes look down to you, smiling. "Why didn't he bleed out? That many carvings in his stomach, should have left him dead on the street."

You rest your head against his shoulder, looking back at the movie. "It's just a film." As you watch the movie, you can tell Five's eyes was still on you. Grinning, you grab his chin, moving it back to face the tv. "Eyes on the movie, Five."

He chuckles.

As the movie played, the music started to tense. A jump scare or attack right around the corner. You snuggled up closer to Five. The lighting strike timing perfectly with the incline of the music. It even made Five's body tense, shoulder lifting quickly as he spatial jumped out.

With Five disappearing, you fell off on your side, without his body to lean against. He reappeared not even seconds later, pulling you close to him.

"Sorry. I didn't even think that could happen. I guess, I just got caught by surprise," Five says.

You rest your head on his lap, shifting lightly. "So, you're saying that you got scared by these 'fake excuses for horror movies.' Your words not mine."

Five rolls his eyes, "Sure, maybe, I did. But, that doesn't mean I still enjoy watching them." He watches as your eyes flutter close. When he cascades his hands in your hair, twirling strands around his finger.

Screams from the tv, brought both your attention back to the movie. Your hand lazily tries to reach for the popcorn. Fingers moving as if it would help you reach the snack.

You see Five grab some popcorn, bringing his hand to your mouth. "Aww, are you feeding me?" Looking at Five through your lashes, turning your head up to look at him.

"Just eat it," he pushes the popcorn against your lips.

A muffled, "mhffffp" coming from you. Chewing and swallowing the popcorn, "Listen, it might've been delicious. But I swear to god, if you do that again." You get some popcorn, throwing it at him.

Five just smirks as he eats a handful of popcorn.

The movie continues, flashes of lightning getting louder by the minute. The lights turn off, then shutter back on. "Holy fucking shit," you look back at Five.

Tv still playing a scene of Pennywise. Five brushes his hands through your hair. "It's probably fine."

Your eyebrows scrunch up, looking at Five. "Seriously, though. The lights flickered off and on. Is that at least scary to you?"

He brings a finger to your lips, "Shhhh. You wanted to do this marathon." Five brings the blankets higher on you two. "Besides, it's just a little lighting."

Throwing him a deadpanned look, "That's not what you're going to say, when we die."

"We're not going to die."

"We could."

The lighting outside continues to strike. You hope that there aren't any more kids trick-or-treating. Rain starts to patter against the windows. Wind strong enough that you can hear it from inside the mansion.

You nervously turn back to the movie. Cuddling closer to Five.

Woosh.

Jumping at the sound, you turn to the window. Which was flung open, by the wind outside. Rain coming into the room and wetting the floor.

Five sighs, as he spatial jumps to the window. Closing and latching it. He looks at you, frowning, "Aww, come on. Are you actually getting scared?"

Glaring at him, "Yes, I am. Besides, you shouldn't be talking at all, mister 'I spatial-jump when I get scared'."

"Shut up. I was caught off guard is all. It's the weather's fault, that lighting strike was timed perfectly." Five spatial jumps back onto the couch.

You nudge him lightly with your shoulder, "Sure, blame it on the weather, tough guy."

The storm outside wasn't stopping when you finished the movie. You assume Five saw how shaken up you were, that he took pity on you. Playing Jaws next, which you watched happily.

Sure, seeing people getting eaten by a shark was gory and gruesome. But, you'd choose it over watching some crazy clown eat kids any day.

Midway into Jaws, the door of the mansion opens. Slamming it into the wall, making a loud bang. Turning your attention to the doorway, you see Klaus in a costume.

"Klaus, why are you dressed as a hot dog?"

"Because, this Halloween, I am acknowledging that I am not just a snack, but a whole meal."

Already annoyed by his brother, Five buries his face into the crook of your neck. Mumbling a few words that you couldn't quite catch.

Klaus just smiles at you, until the tv catches his eye. "Oh! Are you guys watching Jaws? How fun, can I join?"

"Of course, you can."

"No, get out."

You and Five answered at the same time.

Five just grumbles even more, when Klaus wedges his way onto the couch. Saying, "Why, thank you, (Y/N). At least, you have kindness in their hearts. Unlike, some people." He intentionally makes his voice a little louder at the end, directing it to Five.

Halloween was spent with you and Five cuddled up on the couch, Klaus off on the side. In the iconic scene of Six Sense, Klaus jumps up saying, "That's me!"

It was probably the best Halloween you've ever had.