jealousy over squishy | n.h.

You strolled into the Harper's house. Being over there so often, they just got used to you walking in whenever. 

"Where's my favorite Harper at?" You said from your spot at the door.

Nicky's head popped out from the kitchen. A smile on his face when he heard your voice. "Right here, (Y/N)!"

He hears you gasp. "Squishy! There you are! Who's my favorite Harper? You are! Yes, you are!" You say as you pet him.

Nicky frowns as he sees you carry his dog in your arms. As you nip Squishy's nose, he hears a snort come from Dicky.

"Dude, (Y/N) totally ignored you for Squishy," Dicky said as he laughs.

From his right, Ricky stifled a laugh.

Nicky threw them a glare. Psh, he was not jealous of Squishy.

You make your way to the kitchen, Squishy in tow.

Smiling as you see Squishy start following you, "Hey Nicky."

"Mhm," a low hummed reply came from him.

You look at his brothers for any answers. Ricky grins as he shrugs and Dicky just starts laughing again.

Looking back at Nicky, you see his scowl. Eyes squinting at the dog, who was eating from their food bowl.

Breaking out into a grin, wrapping your arms around his waist. Hugging him from behind. You playfully say, "Nicky, are you jealous of Squishy?"

His frown only grows. His eyes narrowed at Squishy. Who was now innocently staring back at him.

"Psh. Me? No, of course not. Why would I be jealous of a dog?" Nicky intertwined his hands with yours. His voice cracking just a little as he spoke.

He feels your laugh tickle his neck. "Well, maybe it's because I said Squishy was my favorite Harper?"

Nicky remained silent. Dicky replies for him with, "(Y/N) got you there."

"Shut up, Dicky," Nicky snapped at his brother.

"Nicky, relax." Leaning down towards Dicky. Ricky whispered, "Besides you're not the one jealous of a dog."

Turning his glare to Ricky, Nicky yells, "Hey! I am not jealous!"

Both Ricky and Dicky gave a deadpanned look. Their eyebrow raising and lips pressed in an unimpressed motion.

Snorting, you place your chin onto his shoulder. "Hey, if it's any consolation. You're my favorite Nicky," you say.

Rolling his eyes, Nicky turns his head to face in your direction. "I'm the only Nicky you know."

"Ha! Fine, fine! You're my third favorite Harper, then," chuckling as you talk.

Nicky straightened up, his eyes growing wide. "Third! Who's your second?!"

You grin, messing up his hair as you tangle your hands in them. It only made his frown deepen. "It's clearly Dawn."

As if summoned, Dawn walked in. "What about me?" She asked.

"You're (Y/N) 2nd favorite Harper," Nicky grumbled. His face was stuffed in your hair, making it hard to hear him.

"Huh?" She glanced at you, Ricky, and then Dicky. A confused look on her face as she poured herself some milk.

"Nicky's jealous because (Y/N)'s favorite Harper is Squishy. So, naturally he asked who her second favorite was. She said that it was you. Now, he's all sad about it." Ricky told Dawn. Not bothering to look up from his book.

Dicky piped in, stating, "He's so jealous."

Whipping his head towards, his brother's direction. Nicky snapped, "Am not!"

Dawn pauses her eating, to arch an eyebrow. Looking Nicky in the eye, as she gave him an unimpressed face. "Hate to break it to you, but you're jealous. Also, you need to get better at lying."

"She's right, Nicky. You're nose twitches and you get fidgety," your voice was near his ear. Making him shiver from your close proximity.

He huffs out a breath. "I am not jealous. Now way, am I jealous of Squishy," crossing his arms over his chest.

You smirk, an idea coming into your head. "Then, you wouldn't mind if I brought Squishy with us as we watched a movie?"

Nicky's eyes widen, "No! Uhm-, what I meant to say was..." Pupils frantically darting every corner of the room. Soon, they landed on Dicky. Who was staring at the bowl of fruit on the table. "Because Dicky wanted to take Squishy for a walk!"

At the mention of his name, Dicky's head turns. "I did?" Tilting his head in confusion.

"Yes, you did!" Nicky tells him. Eyes moving to signal that Dicky should go along with it.

"Uhhh-" He looked at Nicky, then back at you. "Oh! Yeah, of course. Silly me, must have slipped my mind." Turning to the dog, he patted his legs and moved his arm. Showing Squishy that they should follow him. "Come on, Squish. Let's go take you on that walk!"

When Dicky and Squishy were out the door, Nicky grabbed your hand leading you to the couch. He turned on the tv. Cuddling with you, a smile on his face. Knowing that Squishy won't be here to interrupt and grab all your attention.

As the kitchen door closed, Ricky let out a sigh. "Nicky is hopeless."

"Hopelessly in love," Dawn replied. A faint smile tugging on her lips.