babysitting claire | f.h.

[author's note: let's just say that allison got custody of claire instead; this has been in my drafts for forever.]

You got a call from Five saying to come down to the mansion. Not asking why, you made your way there. Knocking on the door, you were surprised to see a little girl open it. Her smile widens, when she sees you.

It made your heart flutter.

She kind of looks like Allison, you thought. Turning to Five, who's behind the girl, you question, "Oh my god, who is this adorable little bean?"

"It's my niece, Claire," Five says. Watching with a smile, as you pick Claire up and twirl her around.

Later, you learned that Five's other siblings went out for drinks or something. They wouldn't be back, until late at night. When you asked Five why he didn't go, he said that he looked the youngest out of all his siblings. No way, security would let him in. They would just kick him out if he spatial jumped inside. Plus, he wanted to spend time with Claire more than anything.

After putting Claire down, you arch an eyebrow at Five. "Why have you not introduced me to her before?"

You see him shrug, "I don't know. It was never brought up."

Rolling you eyes, you nudge him, "Sounds like you just want to keep this cute pumpkin all to yourself." Grabbing Claire, you put her on your shoulders. Holding her hands as you make airplane noises, running around the living room.

She laughs, saying, "Are you auntie (Y/N)?"

Pausing, you give her a confused hum, "Mhm? How do you know my name?"

Claire lets go of your hands and puts her hands on your head. Her small palms laying lightly on your hair. "Uncle Five talks about you a lot. When he reads me bedtime stories or when we're playing princess."

You chuckle, sending a teasing look in Five's direction. "Why thank you, Claire. I had no idea your uncle Five talks about me."

Five just waves you off, "Yeah, yeah, okay, maybe I do. So, what?" He leans down to Claire asking, "I'll get you some snacks, okay? Later, we'll do anything you want. That sound good?"

It made your heart melt. Seeing Five talk to Claire in such a sweet voice and a smile was beyond adorable. You could easily tell, he held a soft spot for his niece. Spatial jumping to the kitchen, when she nods.

You and Claire get settled on the couch. Her in your lap as you talked about all the adventures Five's experienced.

"There he was, your uncle Five, in the midst of nowhere. Destruction and chaos around him. He had no one, all alone for years. Until, a lady shows up. She surprised Five, saying that she had a job for him. That she could take him away from this sad place."

Claire was hanging on to every word you said. Her eyes sparkling in wonder and awe.

"What your uncle Five didn't know was that the lady turned out to be mean. She was only using Five for his powers. So, using a magic briefcase, Five returned to his family. But, he had a mission."

You hear a small gasp. Smiling, to see Claire cover her mouth with one hand. Her other gripped tightly at your hand. "What was the mission?"

Chuckling softly, you tap at Claire's nose. She swats it away with a laugh.

"Your uncle Five had to save his family," you continue. "From the apocalypse."

Tilting her head sideways, "Like, a prince?" Claire asks.

"Yes! Kind of like a Disney prince."

Standing up from your lap, Claire shuffles through her bag. Pulling out a small tiara, "Does that make you the princess?"