christmas elf | n.h.

You were taking your little cousin, Charlie to see Santa. Your aunt and uncle happily accepting of someone taking their little monster off their hands.

At the mall, you held Charlie's hand. Trying to find the line for Santa Claus. 

There was tugging on the bottom of your shirt. "Hey, (Y/N)? We going to see Santa Claus?" Charlie still had a lisp, his words sounding adorably tongue tied.

Picking him up, you booped his nose. "Yeah, we are! Do you know what you want for Christmas?"

Charlie broke into a huge smile, "Yes! I want-"

You stopped him by pressing a finger to his lips. "Don't tell me, tell Santa Claus. He'll get the gift for you."

"Really?" The eyes of your cousin sparkled.

Letting out a laugh, at how cute he was. You answered his question, "Oh, of course. But, that's only if you've been good this whole year."

Charlie nods his head vigorously, "I have!"

Tickling him, you laugh. "Then, you'll be the first on Santa's list!"

You walked around the mall for a few more minutes.

Charlie lifts his hand up, pointing ahead. "It's Santa!" Putting him down, you watch him run off to wait in line.

The decorations of the photo booth was well done. Fake snow, candy canes on the side of the chair, and presents next to the railings. From where you were, you saw some dressed up elves next to Santa. But, too far to see their faces.

In line, Charlie was bouncing up and down. His bright smile shining, as he gripped hard onto your sweater sleeve. "I'm so excited! (Y/N), we're really going to see Santa!"

"Alright, bud. You've got to settled down. We're next in line." Grabbing his hand, you moved up. Charlie was exploding with glee that as soon as the next person left. He ran to Santa.

Charlie smiles at the man. "Hi, Santa!" He gets picked up to sit on Santa's lap.

As they talk, you watch from the side. You were holding Charlie's backpack at the time. So, when you moved back, you hit something.

The stacked presents tumbled down. You thanked god, they didn't make a loud noise. You didn't want anyone noticing that. Moving quickly, you go to fix the presents.

"The blue one goes at the bottom, not the red." A voice spoke behind you.

Well fuck.

"Listen, I didn't mean to knock it down. I wasn't looking where I was going, and-" you try to explain. Getting up and facing the person.

He was about your age, dressed up in a cute elf outfit. Actually, he looked pretty familiar. "Uh, this might be weird, but are you Nicky Harper? I think we share the same math class. Do you sit in the back of Mrs. Johnson's class?"

You see him flush a dark red, when he looks at you. "Ye- yeah, I do."

"Oh, I'm (Y/N), by the way." You send Nicky a smile.

He nods, "I know." Realizing his sentence might've sounded a little creepy, he goes on to say, "Not in that way! I just know you sit a few desks ahead of me."

You chuckle at his nervousness. Looking back at how Charlie was doing. Your cousin was laughing and talking enthusiastically to Santa.

"So, Nicky?"

He hums in acknowledgement. Still standing besides you.

"What's with the little get-up?" You turn to look at him.