illusions | f.h.

{Author's Note: the reader has the power of illusions, they can create anything out of thin air.}

They've been fighting nonstop for the past week. Everyone's been a pain to deal with, so you went out. Only to return, to them still fighting.

You rolled your eyes. The Hargreeves were something else. Even Ben, was probably rolling his eyes at his siblings.

Crashing on the couch, you see Klaus walk out of the kitchen. Massaging his temples. He sits right besides you, saying, "You know, they're talking about you in there. (Y/N) this, (Y/N) that. It's gotten quite annoying honestly."

"Why were they talking about me?"

"Your powers, of course. We all know you happen to waltz in our lives right after, dear old dad died. And for that I'm grateful, you keep us all sane. But, Luther made a comment about your powers and then little number Five went on a rampage." Klaus said it like he was just stating facts. As he melted more into the couch.

You stare at your hands. They were fighting because of you? Cupping your hands together, a shimmer of gold light shines in them. Opening your hands, fireflies fly out of them. Almost surrounding the whole room.

Klaus got up from the couch. Giggling slightly, "See! This is exactly what I meant!" He touched a firefly and it turned into gold smoke. "It's like I'm on drugs again! Isn't it pretty, Ben?" Klaus began to touch every firefly, he seemed to love the effect that happened to them afterwards.

You blew at your palm. Smoke bellowing out of your hand and next to the empty spot near Klaus. The gold swirled up, making a form of a person.

"Aww, look Ben! It's you!"

You never really seen Ben. Only went off of the pictures you saw and the things Klaus tells you about him.

There was a soft smile on Klaus' face. Until he began to karate chop fake Ben. Saying, "Hi- yah! Take that fake Ben!" Which had turned into a pile of smoke, at his actions.

Satisfied that fake Ben was no longer there. He launched himself back on the couch, Klaus turned to you, "Even though, you haven't talked to Ben. He really likes you. He says that you might be the normal we all need." Klaus paused. "Well, as normal as it can get."

"Thanks Klaus," you laugh as he messes up your hair.

You both turn your heads, when you hear glass breaking from the kitchen.

"You might want to check up on that," nudging his head towards the direction of the kitchen.

"You're not coming?"

Klaus scoffs, "Believe me, I'd rather not."

As you walk into the kitchen, you hear yelling.

Luther started to say, "We can use her! She could help us! Can you just think about what her powers can do!"

"You're treating her like some kind of machine! When's she not a machine! And her powers aren't your play toys, that you can command whenever you want! I don't want her to die following the orders of some half assed plan! So can we make up a new one! Because I love her and I can't loose her again!" You could tell it was Five that said it.

They all looked at him in surprise. They didn't know what to say. You took that as an opportunity to speak.

"What's going on?" Everyone's eyes turned to you. You noticed Five's coffee mug broken, the coffee spilling all over the counter and floor.

At the sound of your voice, Five turned around. "Nothing! Just about how stupid Luther's plan was." He looked at the man in question. Throwing a cold glare at him to be quiet.

"Plan? What-," You didn't get a chance to say anything more, because Five grabbed your hand. Spatial jumping to a booth in Griddy's.

You sat across from each other. As soon as he was sitting down, Five put his head in his hands. Sighing roughly.

"Five-" you started to say.

Moving his head up to look at you. Five locked gazes with you, "I know you heard everything. And I just wanted to say-,"

"Five, it's fine. I get it, if Luther thinks that I might be a valuable resource. I'll help, anyway I can," you grabbed his hand. Interlocking it with yours.

Tightening his grip on your hand, Five continued, "I just want to say, that I can't lose you. I left you once and I'm not going to do it again. You mean so much to me, more than anything on this godforsaken world. I love you too much to loose you."

You put your hand on his cheek. "Five, you're not going to loose me. I promise." You close your eyes. As you sighed, gold smoke released. Covering the restaurant from head to toe. Transforming it into one with a busload of people. The sun was shining through the windows and laughter was heard from every corner of the place.

The illusion dissolved, when you saw Five's sad smile. It turned the restaurant back into a bleak and dark place. Instead of the sunny and happy illusion, you made it out to be.

"(Y/N), you could die from Luther's stupid plan. No illusion from you could bring you back." Five started to panic. You heard it through his labored breath.

You move besides him, hugging him tightly. "I'm not going to die, Five. I have you. I know that you'll do anything in your power to keep me alive. So, you have nothing to worry about, alright?"

Five only nodded, cuddling closer to you. To make him feel a little better, you order something.

The rest of the night ended up like that. With Five cuddled beneath you, as you two ate.

"I love you, (Y/N)," Five mumbled into your clothes. It was barely above a whisper.

You still heard him, "I love you too, Five." You kissed him on his head, hugging him just a bit tighter.