killer. | f.h.

sometimes, even five gets insecure. thoughts get to him, wrap and drill into his mind like fire. endless ink on so few pieces of paper. 

+++
"I don't belong anywhere, thanks to you. You made me a killer!" He sneered.

The Handler's voice calm and collected, when she replied. "You were always a killer."

You were always a killer.

Always a killer.

Killer.

Fuck. Fuck. The words engraved in his head. Like, knife on wood, carving deep into his mind. Branded as if it was the tattoo on inside of his wrist.

Before he knew it, Five was clutching his head in his hands. Fingernails marking his scalp. Down on the floor, knees bent to his chest. Breathing uneven and heavy.

He didn't want these thoughts. He didn't want to feel like this. Make it stop. Please. Someone make it stop.

Deep breaths.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Five needed to get a hold on himself. He needed to calm down. Closing his eyes, he got up slowly. Dusting off his clothes and fixing his hair.

He spared a glance at the window. Showing him just a light mirror of himself. Barely able to see a reflection.

A monster.

Was all he could think, before he took another breath. Opening the door, and heading to the kitchen.

You greeted him with a happy smile. "Hi, Five!" Placing a hot cup of coffee in front of him. "I made you some coffee. Just how you like it. Black, no sugar."

Taking a seat besides him at the table. "I even used your favorite mug. You know, the one with the panda inside?"

The mug was bought by you. Ever since, you bought it for Five, he's used it ever since. Your first thought was that he would throw it away, or at the least, never use it. But, you stood incorrect. He used it everyday. It made your heart flutter.

Frowning, when Five stays silent. Just blankly staring into his cup of coffee.

The face of a cold hearted killer. A monster. Nothing more than a war machine.

The thoughts Five had were running rampant. As he stared at the murky reflection of himself in the coffee.

He'd always kiss you, a small thank you for the coffee. Nodding along as you talked about your day. A smile on his face, when you would say something cheesy. Like, 'great, now that you're here.'

"Hey, are you okay?" You put a hand on his thigh. Something that would always comfort him. Reassure him that everything was fine.

Five looks at you. Only glances at you, before he mutters, "I'm fine." He spatial jumps out of the kitchen. To go, only god knows where.

The mug sitting lonely on the table, when Five leaves. He didn't even take his coffee.

You can only imagine the little panda at the bottom of the mug, waiting to be revealed. Just drowning in coffee, but never actually being seen.

You pour the coffee down the kitchen drain.

***
That wasn't the last time Five acted strange.

You realized he's been doing that to his siblings too. If the yelling downstairs didn't indicate that, you didn't know what would.

"Klaus, I told you to leave me alone! God, you are so annoying, sometimes!"