eleven - loved you first

[i used to have nothing
and then i got this family]

_________________________________

Harry and I climbed into the car, shocked looks on our faces. That was not good. That was a lot of things, and good is not one of them.

"Was that the paps?" Liam asked from beside me. I nodded.

"Did they ask you any questions?" Zayn asked from the back. I nodded again. I turned and looked at Harry, who was sat behind me. He had his forehead against the glass, looking out the window with as much regret as I'd ever seen.

All of the boy's phones dinged. I looked over at Liam's phone. My jaw dropped. The message was from Simon Cowell, the boy's manager. Bring the girl to the interview. It was a six-word text. Only six words, but I felt like my world was ending.

The boys explained to me that if Simon found out I was living with them on tour, if he knew I was Niall's sister, that I would have to go back into the foster system. Simon would find a way to make sure of it. My mouth went dry at the thought of that. Liam went on and on about how it would never happen. However, in the face new circumstances, I realized Liam was wrong. Couldn't I catch a break?

"What did you two do?" Niall asked, obliviously.

"Care to explain, Mr. Styles?" I asked, a bit bitterly. Come on. This was the best thing that could have happened to me. And just like that, it was over?

"Well, you see... um... there was a lot of press... and one of them got right in front of Mickey and I, and asked who she was-"

"You told the press she was Niall's sister?" Louis asked, looking between us.

"No! No. There was a lot of press, and I kind of panicked-"

"Harry told the entire world that I'm his girlfriend," I blurted. The car went quiet. For a moment no one moved, and no one breathed.

"Harold!" Niall yelled. He swung a fist at Harry but Zayn, who was sat between them, grabbed his arm. The three of them struggled in the backseat while Louis drove in silence. Liam and I sat quietly as well.

When we got back to the tour bus, Niall was the first one out. Harry went out right after, followed by me and then everyone else. Niall stormed up to Harry and I moved myself between them, putting both hands on Niall's chest to stop him. In hindsight, moving into that position was stupid. But it was Harry. Harry wasn't that much older than me. He made a mistake.

"Listen, I know you want to beat him to a pulp, I do too, I get it. But we have to figure out what we're going to do about this, okay?" I asked him. Niall paused and ran an angry hand through his hair, the sudden jerk of his hand making me take a step back.

"Okay," he mumbled. We all carried in the groceries and put them away quietly. I put the last box of cereal in the cupboard, and then turned around. All five boys were watching me intently.

"So, um, what do we do?" I asked, looking between them. I had never been part of a celebrity controversy before.

The situation was new to me.

"Can't we just go along with it?" Zayn offered. I blinked in surprise.

"No, we can't just go along with it!" Louis argued, "we don't need the press to think Harry's dating a 14-year-old and we're bringing her on tour with us."

"I'm literally almost 16," I argued with Louis. He gave me a small glare and I quieted down again.

"Then we tell the truth?" Liam suggested.