thirty-one - strong

[you're the habit that i can't break, the feeling i can't put down]

________________________________

I rode in the backseat on the way back home. I stared out the window, my forehead resting against the glass in defeat. Louis and Harry were sat up front, giving me nervous glances every couple of minutes.

When the car rolled up out front, I made no move to get out of it.

"Love," Louis said, snapping his fingers. I blinked and focused on whatever he had been trying to say. "We're home, bug. You coming inside?"

"Right, yeah," I said, unbuckling my seatbelt.

We walked inside. I looked around at the empty living room for a moment, taking the space in. I had lived here for almost three months. My eyes searched the pictures on the wall. The one of me smiling, microphone in hand, made me sick to my stomach.

"You don't look good, love. Maybe you should sit," Harry suggested, putting his hand on my back to lead me to the couch.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," I mumbled quickly. I ran through the living room and kitchen, to the bathroom. I fell onto my knees and gagged into the porcelain bowl.

"Hey, princess, woah," Zayn said softly. I vaguely remembered passing him sitting at the island when I ran by. He crouched next to me and held my hair back. I gagged again, but nothing came up.

I had no food in my stomach to toss.

I lurched again. This time, something did come up. I spit and wiped my mouth, breathing heavily.

I realized I was throwing up bile. Zayn, however, didn't know what it was. He just knew that it looked really gross and scary.

"What the hell?" he mumbled, brushing hair out of my face. I reached up and flushed the toilet, before sitting back on my heels.

"It's fine," I mumbled.

"Obviously it's not. Come on, let's get you some water," Zayn said softly. He stood up first and then hauled me up. I rocked back and forth on unsteady legs for a moment. "Are you gonna pass out or something?" Zayn asked warily.

I'm going to pass out or something.

"Yeah, you're gonna wanna catch me."

-

"Pulse thready, BP 130/60," A woman's voice said.

I blinked hard and opened my eyes. What's going on? I tried to sit up, but a strap over my chest prohibited it. I tried again, and whipped my head around.

"Mickey, calm down. You're in an ambulance on your way to the hospital, okay?" A man said, peering over me.

"I don't need-" I tried. I cut myself off by jerking under the constraints again. The mans hands found my shoulders. "Don't!" I whimpered.

"Mickey," a woman said. I twisted my head around to look at her. She grabbed my hand firmly. "You're safe. You fell unconscious and you're on your way to the hospital. You're alright," She said slowly.

"Pulse 145," The man said.

"My name is Charlotte. What's your name?" Charlotte asked gently.

"M-Mickey," I stuttered.

"Good, Mickey. That's good. What's your brothers name?"

"Niall. Where's Niall?" I asked. I tried to sit up again.

"Easy, easy. He's going to meet us at the hospital. Can you take a big, deep breath for me?... good, give me another... that's it," Charlotte said gently.