thirty-nine - spaces

[we're sleeping with our problems
like we'll solve them in our dreams.

we wake up early morning
and they're still under the sheets]

_____________________________

"I can't believe I just did that," I gasped. It was 12:01, and I was staring at my phone in shock. The tweet had already been retweeted and liked thousands of times.

"Actually, I did it," Louis said. I waved my hand in the air to shush him.

"I'm freaking out," I announced loudly. I ran a hand through my hair. "Should I get bangs? That what girls do when they freak out, right? They get bangs?"

"Bangs are never the right answer. That's rule number one," Cassie said. I shrugged and nodded.

"Aren't you tired?" Harry asked. "You were up before I was this morning," He said.

"You expect me to sleep at a time like this?" I asked exasperatedly.

Zayn had his head resting on top of Perrie's, and his eyes were closed.

"Okay, okay. You guys can go up to bed," I dismissed.

"Are you sure?" Liam asked. He yawned when he said it, so I nodded.

"Absolutely. Seriously, go get some sleep. I want to see some fan reactions, and then I'm gonna go to bed too."

Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn put kisses on my forehead and reminded me for the one hundredth time that they were proud of me. They, along with their girlfriends, disappeared up the steps.

"You're not going upstairs?" I asked Louis. He helped me off the counter and scooped me up because I still wasn't wearing my leg. We had dried off pretty much completely, but were still left in our bathing suits.

Louis' skin felt hot to the touch.

"No, I think I'm gonna hang out with you for awhile if that's alright," Louis said. He tossed me onto the couch and I laughed, patting the spot next to me. He plopped down and pulled out his phone, going to twitter.

We both searched my name and read the tweets eagerly.

[on purpose has given my life new purpose, and i would personally like to thank mickey horan for that]

[when mickey horan said 'i never thought that i would need someone so much who knew' ????? i f u c k i n g f e l t t h a t]

[LOST IN DARKNESS??? YOURE MY FOCUS???? LOVE ME HOPELESS?????!!!!!???? mickey horan its okay you can say louis tomlinsons name]

[i can't wait to scream cry to mickey horans new song on purpose when i fall in love with someone i know i cant have]

[Simon Cowell is canceled for fucking mickey and louis over so hard that she wrote and released a song about it. anyways stream on purpose by mickey horan :)]

We sat next to each other, showing each other tweets that were funny or worth mentioning.

Eventually I ended up laying across his lap. His fingers were running over the scars on my stomach, the way my fingers ran over his tattoos. My arms were under my head, propping me up so I could watch him.

"Pretty," Louis whispered softly. It fell from his lips so casually, I wondered if he even knew he said it. His pointer finger traced around one that was on the left side of my rib cage.

Louis was the only person that had seen me like this. The boys saw the scars, they knew they existed. They saw them earlier tonight. But for me to lay across Louis' lap and have him run his fingers across my stomach and ribs?