LITTLE THINGS

[ a quick a/n: if anyone is in the mood to like comment on paragraphs that they like or just like give me reactions to shit that would be cool?? like if anyone is in the mood to make a teenage author feel validated they can??

no pressure though:)

ALSO since the last chapter was published like five days ago or something, crashing into you has managed to get almost 2k more reads, bumping it up from 4k to 5.8k. that's so cool. thank you guys so much.

anyways keep reading and voting (and maybe commenting👉👈🥺) ]

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

My phone was exactly where I expected it to be. I swiped it off of the bench and tucked it into the waistband of my shorts. I brushed my wet hair off of my forehead and sighed, before starting the walk towards the exit again.

When I got to the door, I took a deep breath and tried to psyche myself up to run out into the rain. I opened the door and forced myself out of the stadium.

My feet splashed in puddles as I ran towards the bus. The rain was pouring aggressively, and I was already cold. I got to the bus and twisted the doorknob expectantly.

It was locked.

"You're fucking joking," I mumbled to myself. I banged my hand against the door and waited for an answer. The answer didn't come. "Fucking great!"

I ran back to the stadium door and tried to open it. It was locked, because of course it was locked.

Think, Mickey. What are you going to do?

You're locked out of the tour bus. It's like 40 degrees out here and it's pouring rain.

What are you going to do?

I ran back to the bus and pounded on the door again. "Hey!" I yelled. I waited. And I waited. No answer.

I sat down on the step and pulled my phone out of my waistband. I pressed the power button. The low power symbol flashed at me. "Say sike," I groaned.

I stood up and knocked on the door again. Then I slumped against it and pulled my knees into my body. It was so fucking cold.

My teeth clattered against each other and my body shook. This isn't happening, I thought. But of course it was happening. I breathed warm air onto my fingers, that were already starting to go numb.

I sat, in the dark, in the rain, in the cold, for what felt like hours. And then the door swung open. I looked up, surprised, and saw Harry looking out. I scrambled weakly to my feet and startled him on accident.

"What are you doing out here?" Harry asked exasperatedly. He pulled me inside and shut the door. I wanted to cry out and how good the warm air of the tour bus felt.

"T-the d-d-door was l-ocked," I said. It came out stuttered through chattering teeth.

"What the hell?" Liam asked. He and the other boys walked into the kitchen. They stared at me with wide eyes and I crossed my arms over myself, trying to warm up. "Peaches, your lips are blue!"

"C-c-cold," I said. Louis stepped closer to me and grabbed my hands in his. I was so cold that the contact hurt. "Ah!"

"Jesus, lovie," Louis mumbled.

"Why were you out there for so long?" Zayn asked.

"I k-nocked but you-you didn't answer. Phone d-ied."

"Come here," Louis said. He wrapped his arms around me and I pressed my freezing body into his, searching for warmth.

"Warm shower?" Niall asked.