nineteen - back for you

[i am scared to death
of everything that has yet to
happen]

_________________________________

I woke up to someone shouting. I groaned and rolled over to look at them. It was Louis, and he was hopping up and down excitedly. "It's the last show of the tour!"

It had been a week since I saw Jakob. The first night I was pretty shaken up, but after that, I found my footing. I could live in the same world that he did. I don't need to react to him. He doesn't get to make me afraid anymore.

He took two years from me. He didn't deserve another minute.

"Yeah," I said. Louis pulled me up out of the bed and I shivered from the loss of my blanket. "Are you excited?" He nodded excitedly and I laughed, while wrapping my arms around myself. My shorts and tank top did very little to provide warmth.

"Are you cold?" Louis asked.

"Kind of. Why's it so cold in here?"

"We opened all of the windows to air out the bus because Niall burnt microwave popcorn."

"Of course he did," I laughed. I shuffled over to my closet space and unzipped one of the suitcases, pulling on a pair of flannel pajama pants and a hoodie. I looked back and found Louis staring at me. "Where are all the boys, anyways?"

"We're outside the venue right now. They all went in to get a feel for the stage, and I said I would wake you up and bring you inside."

"Oh, I need to actually get dressed?"

"Yeah, if you want," Louis said. I sighed and looked back into my closet.

"What should I wear?" I thought out loud, looking through one of my suitcases.

"A skirt," Louis said. My head whipped towards him and I looked at him with scrunched eyebrows.

"Why would I wear a skirt?" I challenged.

"Because you have nice legs," Louis said. We both held straight faces and stared at each other for about three seconds, before we bursted out laughing. Nice legs. As if I had two legs.

"Screw this, I'm just gonna make Cassie pull something together," I grumbled. I shut the suitcase and nodded my head to the door. "Ready?"

"Yeah, lets go," Louis said.

About five minutes later, we were on stage with the other boys. I breathed in with a smile and imagined it being full. "It's so cool that you guys have such a big fan base," I said.

"Isn't it?" Harry mumbled.

"Mickey, come here," Niall called me over, away from the boys. I did an awkward jog over to him and smiled. He didn't smile back.

"What's wrong?" I asked warily.

"Nothing! Nothings wrong, Mick. The tour ends tonight and we all leave tomorrow," Niall said. I nodded, because he was only telling me things I knew.

"And?"

"And, are you coming home with me?" Niall asked. My face fell for a second, before I remembered it was his family. And so I forced a smile.

"Um."

"If you don't want to, we can just go back to the One Direction house instead," Niall offered. I dropped my head and looked at him through my eyebrows.

He hasn't seen his family in so long. I can't be he reason he doesn't see them.

"No! No, I can go. I'm sure it will be fine," I said. He excitedly pulled me into a hug and I returned it. He picked me up and spun me around a bit, laughing. "Okay, okay," I giggled. Niall set me down and pulled away.